Pages

Saturday, August 26, 2023

Start of school, G's birthday

Last week before school starts.. and it's a cluster. A full on slog. It doesn't help that I have a trip coming up for work so I'm trying to push to get a bunch done so I can do it and Matt has some heavy items on his plate for work including two separate big pushes with government and regs and we have no childcare.



So we split times all over the board - put in babysitters where we can afford and ask Grandma Di where we can too. It's a bit of a mess. But we made it work. We also infiltrated some more corn picking and school open houses and meeting teachers. Everybody was a little nervous.

First day of school!! It's a bit bittersweet. I welcome the routine as well as the fact that a trained professional is there to ensure the education and future of my child but it's hard to admit another summer is gone and with that they are a little older and never going to be as little again. G starting kindergarten caught in my throat a bit - I've never not drove him to school in his entire life. The past two years it's been him and me and only up until last year we added Ainsley to the car (which he didn't love - as she kept interrupting his conversation). I was also a bit nervous with Ainsley going to school alone again. We got over the separation anxiety that raged hard from the last couple locations due to the fact that by the time she was four, she was in her 4th location due to closures. Childcare has been a hard mountain to climb over the past 7 years for the Remynse house - that's one of the reasons I joined the MVM Board. It's been a hard summer to see the struggles that these facilities are enduring.


School went well but unfortunately, the school nurse called me by the end of the day... E had puked! Oh no! She picked up a bug. What a total bummer - foreshadowing, it really went through our house as Ains had puked earlier in the week and G's was to hit over the coming weekend. 

Friday was G's birthday... after school, we went off to Pizza Ranch (his choice because of the dessert pizza) and then had presents at home. 


That night I asked him how it felt to be six years old and we sat and talked about all the things he was going to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment