Pages

Monday, August 7, 2023

Larks and Golf tourney

We kicked off the weekend by sending Ainsley to Grandma's house! We had big plans and I'm not saying that Angry Ainsley would have weighed us down but we had things to do and limited time/ability/attention spans to do it! 

It was a weird weather week - we've had rain/downpours/thunder storms (much to G's concern) often this summer. Overall it's been very temperate and pleasant - probably the best I can remember in a long time. We also showed the kids how to pick and harvest the peas. I attempted to trellis them this year... my trellises were too short. Try again next year. 

Saturday night we had Lark tickets... now Matt and I have had some lengthy conversations... he thought we should get a family package but I was concerned that it may be too much for attention spans. I would hate to invest the money and leave totally irritated after 2 innings because they're BORED (their words, not mine). We had a friends give us 4 tickets... so it worked out perfectly. We did stay the entire game but they aren't quite ready. G tried for a bit and Eleanor was just their to wolf down popcorn... like her life depended on it. We'll try again in 2 years. 

Sunday was the parent child alternating shot golf tournament. I was expecting a fun filled day of swings and tries... I underestimated the amount of dads at said event that appeared to be trying out for the PGA tour. Matt paired with Eleanor, I paired with Grady. I was happy with how they played and I was 50% on my own game. However due to waiting for the "pros" to launch onto the greens from their child's tee shot it was a lot of waiting around for greens to clear. I was sad that the kids were frustrated and antsy and I was frustrated and exasperated. G had a few good drives at the end and Eleanor had a few chips. I was proud of my husband that he realized it wasn't about his game but getting them to take shots, get contact, and advance the ball. G could tell that I was tense so there he would tell me that he loved me and pet my arm... bless him for understanding me and trying. 

Later that afternoon Eleanor had her BFF's birthday party at raging rivers - she had a ball and it made my heart happy to see. 

In other news, Ains has been working on a few projects at school. She was 
very excited to show me her flamingo. As we approach the fall, I'm nervous about her being alone at preschool and do not want to revert to the separation anxiety we overcame from the daycare closures. 
Also... if you happen to run into Matt, ask him about his cooler... he just got... which he informs me will be a benefit to the whole family... and also help us make trips to Trader Joe's.... I'm going to hold him to it... all of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment