Pages

Monday, March 29, 2021

Quarantine

 This week was not the norm for us. Matt had his second COVID shot this week on the same day that I went into quarantine. The pandemic has been going on for a straight year and this is the first time that we've had a serious worry. G had a close contact quarantine last fall but we quarantined as a family because he'd already been around us. This case was different. I had an interview with a legislator. I had messaged him earlier and let him know that I would be running late - he in turn said he was running late. Our meeting started 17 to 20 minutes late. We dove into the topics I had and suddenly he looked at his phone commenting on a number that kept calling him. It was his results of his rapid COVID test. He got a positive result. We had been sitting across the table from each other for 18-20 minutes. I was so mad at myself as I even had my mask sitting there but had had a juice and a banana while waiting. 

The rest of the week drug - Matt took it head on being the sole provider of the kids - including swimming lessons, pick up and drop off, meals, baths, wake-up and putting to bed. I won't lie that I have joked about some time off and getting away but this was harder than I thought because we are a team together. 



We did tell the kids that I was "working" but unfortunately that didn't work out the best as they asked to see my room - and wouldn't let it go. I even tried to change the subject or avoided the question. 
Matt took them out and kept them occupied. He's never been one that wants to stay in. Even took them to check out a campsite and have a picnic. I will find out next week if I did contract the virus or not. I'm a bit nervous and shouldn't google any symptoms!

EER: Mom - can you read what this paper says?
ALR: Point me at the paper.
EER: How about now?
ALR: No, I can only still see the ceiling, I can't see the words.
EER points at the words she wants read.
ALR: I can see your finger, Eleanor, but I can't see the words.
EER twists camera off the paper.
ALR: Oh, Eleanor, I love you.
EER: I love you too, Mom, can you read it now.
ALR: No, I can only see your face!

Update: As of Monday - I took a rapid test on Monday and got my first negative. I'll test again on Wednesday to see if I can rejoin society. 

No comments:

Post a Comment