Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Farm, Side by Side, Swimming, Leg Session

 A bit of odds and ends now with Ains's birthday and butchering over. I finally got my bench seat in this past week. After a good year-end review at work last year, Matt and I decided that I would have a little work done on the house to reward myself. The entry way coming in from the garage is a cluster and as the kids get bigger, so do their shoes, and coats, and that room doesn't. So we put a bench in to put on shoes and store shoes underneath. I had our construction guy put in a shoe rack and Matt also had him put in attic access. It wasn't the best experience with the contractor BUT it's finished, it's functional, and it's amazing how the space opens up. 

Saturday and Sunday were catch-up days. Saturday we cleaned house and calmed down from the week and Sunday we headed out to the Farm. The kids were excited to see the baby calves and the weather has been so nice that I know they were bucking and moving around. I am fully aware that I am and have city children upon arriving. Eleanor smelled the farm smell and wasn't impressed by it and when I asked Grady if he wanted to see the cows, he said, no. BUT did ask if the side by side was there for rides! Ainsey didn't care much when the side by side picked up speed....she pulled her stocking cap over her face! E and G did like the haybales though! As they get older I'll be curious to watch them get more involved or vested in things, ask questions and what not. We even watched them play a bit outside... they thought they were so funny trying to move one of Grandpa's haybales!

Swimming lessons are ongoing. Depending on the day, they are doing really well. E had a rough session last year but has really gotten comfortable with her teacher and the water. G is an overzealous kicker but he was awful cute the first time that we went swimming. He and I got into the changing room and he kind of made this squeel giggle... "Mama, I'm so excited!" He has often gotten shafted or shifted out of things and for him to really enjoy and be proud of his ability to go, that made me happy. His class has a lot of boys and he and another tend to splash on the side pretty regularly. Nights after swimming tend to be good sleeping nights. 

Work has been crazy. I've been up to the capitol a few times. I've stumbled a bit on my testifying. I've had softball bills and work more on the membership information, champion pieces, and writing testimony but it's good for me to speak. Matt has got the cadence down so well... name, organization, testimony and then when the time for addressing comes, he always remembers the cadence. Dumb me forgets. I've watched hours of hearings but can't seem to remember all the pieces at play. 

EER: Grandma! I got you a Flower for your birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment