Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Birthday wrap up, present shopping

 

Ainsey's birthday has officially come and gone. Party and day all wrapped up. Her day was nice. She got flowers from Dad in the morning, had a play day with Miss Kaylyn that was beautiful, and then ended the day with some family fun. I've wanted to do something different and have felt bad that we haven't been doing things, haven't been going places, have just been trying to stay safe so I decided that we'd head to Skyzone when it opened on her day. She was a bit unsure to start but warmed up. Her favorite was to jump off the platform of the tramp into the foam pit. She'd barely clear the ledge and it made me chuckle each time. E and G had a blast. They picked it up quick and were hoping around and falling down all over the place. We picked up Ains's favorite... Big Boy complete with flying styles and gravy for supper. We ended the night with Ains opening up her final presents and some ice cream. 




Last week before her birthday party, I took E and G to the Dollar Store to pick out presents for Ainsley. I told them to pick out three things - in retrospect, I could have done two. They'd give one at the party and then on our family night, they'd give the rest. It was a bit helter skelter when we got into the store. They were like ping pong balls at first looking at everything. But eventually, we did get into the toy aisle and I'm not sure how many times I did have to ask, "Would Ainsey like this?" G was pumped about some matchbox cars and was honest with me and said, "No, I like them." I gave him some credit but reminded him that we are shopping for her. They didn't do too bad. E got her a unicorn stuffed animal, a color book, and a my little pony, G picked out a garden flower, a stuffy bunny, and a helicopter. I knew that he was in love with that helicopter but I also knew that Ains would like it so I didn't push too hard on it. They wrapped the presents and I was proud of them! They had great behavior, great conversations, manners, and cared!

No comments:

Post a Comment