Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2019

Wimming and Day 1 and 2 of Adult Only MN

We had a great week! It started off with a high. I promised E that when she was potty trained, I would sign her up for swimming lessons - well, with a 95% success rate (even at night, even though we haven't been brave enough to try it without a pull up) we signed up for swimming and started our first class of a 8 week class. She was excited, I was excited. She's the youngest in the class and we don't know what to expect but the girl loves water and we are ready for her to start learning. She had a good time! She goes on Monday and Wednesday each week. She has asked every night, "Mama, you take me to wimming lessons?"

On Thursday, we did a daycare drop and then got in a car with my cousin, Wes and Kristi and went off to an adult-only weekend to the cities. AHHHH, we had been looking forward to this since they asked. SO what we needed. The kids were split - the girls stayed at the house with Michele and Randy and G went out to the farm. I'm sure either set could have handled all three but this way it's way more digestible!

It was a quick ride down with conversation and fun. I will say I was glad it wasn't me behind the wheel, especially in downtown Minne. I appreciate Wes's tenacity and whocares attitude driving down the bus-only street! We went to the Redskins/Vikings game at the new stadium. This was the first football game that I've been too - was different than I was expecting but had a great time seeing things, asking questions, and watching the game. I rooted with Wes and Kristi taught me how to throw flags. I also enjoyed a purple passion drink. It was the most expensive koolaide I've ever had in my life! After the game, we walked for drinks and then back to our hotel.
The next day, we started it off right.... breakfast at Hell's Kitchen. Matt had Bison benedict and I had the huevos rancheros... because of the rave reviews. It wasn't anything like other huevos rancheros I had.. I liked the crispy tortilla that it was dropped on. I say the highlights of the meal were Matt's Mahnomin Porridge and the toasted sausage bread... wasn't like anything I'd ever had. The server said try it with the peanut butter and some jelly - didn't even need it. We also had some breakfast beverages to start us off right.

From there, we ran a few errands but ended up shopping... Trader Joe's and Wine Warehouse.. how can you go wrong? We probably should have grabbed lunch at that time but we hit up Dangerous Man Brewery before finding my new favorite spot, Socialables Cider Werks. I am hoping Cider Bars are the next big thing. I'm probably holding on a bit too tight to the England trip but I can't take the sweet syrup ciders since our trip and if these taprooms catch on, I may be in trouble!

From Cider we went Surly and took a tour of there brewery, which was huge! I was feeling buzzed by this time and on an empty stomach was glad we found some pizza for ourselves at the brewery. We did some splitskies. We split a pickle/harvarti pizza and then they got a custom pizza with a side of meatballs and Matt and I got a clam pizza and

After eating, we went to Indeed, which probably wouldn't have been a bad idea if we skipped BUT a couple drinks later we headed to Top Golf. This was a blast! It's like bowling but with golf. You are above the "course" and aim for the targets. Depending on where you hit, you can get score multipliers. I didn't do too bad and if I would have used my multipliers better may have amounted to something. Matt won, with Kristi right behind... Kristi who has never golfed. Wes brought up the tail but I think his game would have been fastly improved if it wasn't for Indeed and the double bourbons! HA!

We headed home and went to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment