Pages

Monday, October 28, 2019

Day 3 and 4 Adult-only MN, Jackolanterns

I woke up to a text from Wes in the morning that let me know what was going on for the day... [paraphrased]... due to the brew tour and bourbon sampling, during our trip to Albertsville, we will be visiting all the stores.  BAHAHAHAHA!

We got ready, packed up and headed down for breakfast. We had noticed a place that served breakfast attached to the hotel we were staying (the W at the Foshay OR the Foshay at the W, I can't remember). We thought we'd try it. We let Wes and Kristi know where we were at and then we say the menu. The cheapest breakfast listed was a $17 omelet. A side of bacon was $12, unless you wanted the special bacon, that was $27. I determined that we couldn't eat there. I bought a 1/8 of a pig for that price. Instead we went to Kramarczuks for lunch.

So we did go to Albertsville, while Matt and I didn't take in all the stores, I appreciated the tenacity in which Kristi shops. She is a machine. She had a plan and has a helluva pace. Wes had to tap out for a nap and a few reparks. Matt and I skipped around but our big finds were probably snowpants, that I determined were my birthday gift, from Columbia and Van Heusen shirts.

We headed back to Fargo and stopped for a bite on the road. The restaurant, Steel Wheels Dining Car
#432, didn't seem to understand what kind of place it wants to be. Between the gyros, shrimp po'boy, fried green tomatoes, Cincinnati chili, their bartender was a mixologist and the served tap water was lemon and orange infused.

When we got into Fargo, we did a brew stop at Fargo Brewing Company and then went to the Cider bar for cider and shuffleboard before heading to the hotel for the night.

We took in a not-so-quick trip to costco before hitting the road and headed home. It was a great trip... was so glad they asked us to go to the game with them and that we could get away for a bit.

Was happy to come back home to the kids! We ended the weekend carving pumpkins with them. We only did 2, Ainsley will haftah wait for her first pumpkin. I think they loved it. In the end, Matt cleaned all the goo and goop up.

GRR drops something: Gosh Dang it.
MJR looks at ALR: When did that start?
ALR: I don't know. But it's coming out clear as day huh?
MJR: You know he got that from you.
ALR: I know.
MJR: We probably need to let daycare know.
GRR runs into ARR: Gosh Dang it.
ALR: Yeah, probably.
from the other room, GRR: Gosh Dang it!
ALR: Grady, say Shoot! 


No comments:

Post a Comment