Pages

Monday, October 14, 2019

Fall, Crawl, Winter

Well, this past week flew by... mostly because we prepared for snowmageddon. Ugh. Fall was short in North Dakota and winter set in over the weekend.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

We started the week with a visit to Papa's Pumpkin Patch. Our friends, Aasta and Quinn, have taken on the adventure of operations and we've been wanting to go out and support them but the wet and rain and uck and really put us on hold. It was a nice night for us to go. They had a blast in the corn and on the bales, we even brought Ains out for a couple pics and to help pick pumpkins. Was a wonderful time! We even go the pumpkins out on the steps that night, all decorated and festive.

I also got to be the parent-helper for E's daycare class, who took a trip to the pumpkin patch. It was a good time and I'm glad that I went. The group was busy and the teachers were constantly counting heads. I learned a lot and it was fun to spend some time with Eleanor and see her with her peers. I am becoming a bit more aware of how my little girl is an introvert. Part of me gets a bit worried but I need to remind myself that she's doing great, is ok to be by herself and when she feels loved, trusted, and comfortable in her surroundings will gab your ear off.

E is also having a major breakthru - potty training is finally getting some traction - don't get me wrong, we are not 100% but holy crap I may not have to change her diapers for the rest of my life! Winning! We've been having some panty success and I think we've rounded the corner.

Ains also accomplished a few things this week. Not only is she starting to get along with pinching foods now but she's got the fish crawl really down ... life will never be the same. Three has been a challenge and I'm worried that things just got more interesting because when all three are mobile and have a will of their own, divide and conquer becomes more scary!!

The week ended with 16inches or something like that of snow. I am not happy. They cancelled school, my office closed, and we bundled everyone up and sent them out to shovel and "play". Grady is not convinced and I had flashbacks of last winter too. He really doesn't like the sound the snowblower makes. He didn't haftah hear it long, this snow was so wet that it didn't even go through the blower. We did kick them out side each day. I think they had a good time when they made the snowman.

EER: Mom! I need a carrot!
ALR: Are you making a snowman? Let me go get one for you.
ALR hands EER a purple carrot.
EER takes a bite and walks off.

Later all comes in
EER: We made a snowman!
GRR: No man.
ALR: I saw him! He looks so good out in the yard!
EER: He is a boy!
MJR: How do you know?
EER: Because he's a snowman.

No comments:

Post a Comment