Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2019

My children's Father.

To my children on father's day.

You guys have no idea how lucky you are to have the father you do - you have no clue how much he thinks of you, worries about you, and works to make you happy. He is the glue that holds the family together and keep some sort of offcentered harmony. My goal as a mother is to not raise jerks - your father's goal from my perspective is for you to know that you are wholly loved as individuals. While he does challenge you guys, like insisting that you take off and put on your own shoes, Grady. He also loves to spoil you and has a hard time saying no. I give him crap for that and love him for it at the same time. I've seen the man build a playhouse, a play kitchen, a work bench, a couple cribs, paint a bedroom, paint a wall, repaint the same wall three times, and so many more things just to see you how you guys respond. I laugh at the people that are intimidated by him - because everything he does is centered around three people all under three feet tall. Afterall not every man would give up their hunting licenses in order to go to Peppa Pig. When I asked if he enjoyed it, he honestly answered, yes, because it brought E joy. He can't wait to share the things that bring him joy with you - hunting, golfing, cooking, eating, memories - I'm excited to watch you all experience it together.

As we continue to find a rhythm in our family - be aware that your father is probably responsible for that. I have a feeling as you continue to grow he will be the one you turn to when you are in trouble, the one you talk things through to determine a decision, the one that you will ask finance questions of, and the one that will remind you of your retirement... and all of this is okay - afterall that's what he does for your mom too.

Love you all, mom.




No comments:

Post a Comment