Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Father's Pizza, Work, Work


We celebrated Matt this past week... which for Eleanor it's really confusing - she had a hard time understanding that it was Father's Day and not Matt's birthday. He went to donuts for dad at daycare on Thursday and then on Sunday, we ensured that he had meals that he liked - lox with bagels, tunafish sandwiches, and then for supper we made pizza on the grill - E was excited to make her own complete with peppers and pineapple, G had one version with maple syrup but I helped with the concoction, Matt's best had clams, and I made a jalapeno popper mix - I also vote the caprese in the running for the best.


This was also a bittersweet week for me - After 5 years, I said goodbye to Commerce. It was hard to say good bye to some amazing people that I've worked with, that have helped me be successful, and that have helped raise my babies. Pam has held, rocked, and sang to all three of my babies. E and G took their first rolls on the floor of my first office there. I've made some great relationships and met some amazing people who were all about doing a great job. As I took down things off my bulletin board I was reminded about some of the amazing work that I've been apart of but this past year has been hard there. It felt a little surreal to leave for the last time knowing that I won't go back there to sit at my desk or continue with some of the projects that I've been a part of.


I am excited about the new opportunity that lays ahead of me - I accepted the Director of Communications position at the Greater ND Chamber. The three main aspects of the jobs are ones that I've done in my role in Commerce and have been the pieces that I've enjoyed - marketing/communications, events, and legislative support. The team at the Chamber has been amazing - from the interview all the way to my first day. I can't wait to get started and looking forward to the planning, strategy, and talks coming my way. They have even agreed to let Ainsley come along for the first month and a half! I did laugh as I brought my computer up for the first time and their faces greeted me. I quit Commerce on Tuesday and then got in a car and headed off for an event on Wednesday (CEO Roundtable) and a board meeting on Thursday - they even held a social for members and board members Wednesday night at the Redhawks game. I finished the week off in the office and left feeling excited and overwhelmed - but the good kind - the I've got a lot to do and want to start delivering right away.

ALR: Eleanor - did you go to the zoo today?
EER: Yes!
ALR: What animals did you see?
EER: All of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment