Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Shock (sh awk)

Today made me cry... took my breath away... caught me by surprise. It's hard to surprise me, I catch on to a lot of things and can often see things coming. It's even harder to provide me shock, joy, fear, and disbelief in one telephone call. But Jen from the clinic did.

I had some routine blood work that I needed done and I started watching the results come in between meetings, I didn't think twice about them... they are just numbers, nothing too crazy, the clinic was going to call if they needed any follow up steps done.

They called... one test came through while I was in a meeting. They called to tell me that we were pregnant, which explained some of the numbers and that final test was the dead giveaway. I don't know what's in store for us over the next 40ish weeks but I won't forget that phone call.

What's even more amazing to me is that this day has been lucky for me two years in a row... on the 22nd in 2015, we got to see our beautiful Eleanor and find out that she was a girl and that she was perfectly healthy.

Phone rings:
ALR; This is Amanda.
Jenn: Hi Amanda, we got your test results in. Did you have a chance to look at them?
ALR: Yeah, I did, I wasn't sure what some of the numbers meant.
Jenn: It means you're pregnant.
ALR: 
Jenn: Merry Christmas.

Later that night.
ALR comes home
ALR: Eleanor, did you have good day with Dad?
gets on the floor with her
ALR uses EER's hand to point to MJR: Dad
ALR uses EER's hand to point to ALR: Mom
ALR uses EER's hand to point to MJR: Dad
ALR uses EER's hand to point to ALR: Mom
ALR uses EER's hand to point to EER: Big Sister
MJR looks at ALR: You're pregnant?!
ALR nodds.

**This post was post-dated and released at a later date for reasons determined by ALR/MJR 

No comments:

Post a Comment