Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Septenary (sep Tuh ner ee)

So... we had another blizzard... the last one was named Blanche. I don't even know if this one had a name or if this was a continuation of the first one. But the result was more snow, more wind, lower temps. Matt and I had a romantic throw back in this snow... it was like our second date all over again.... I put on my snowpants, he grabbed his shovel and we shoveled snow together. The big difference this time is that Grandma stayed inside with Len in the warmth and I tied the dog around my waist so he wouldn't run off. AND we didn't stay up talking until 3:00 in the morning afterwards! Ahhh, memories.

This week's hero was Michele - she came and saved the day by spending the week at our house. It was so wonderful to know that she was safe and sound at home. That we didn't drag her outside in the cold and snow and that she wasn't being shuttled anywhere. I'm anxiously waiting for daycare to say when they are opening again but this week's saving grace was Michele.

Aside from putting the finishing touches on the Christmas tree, we did a few more things... I put up a few more decorations, we bought a few gifts, and we even started to make some of Len's Christmas presents. She needs a bit of help this year but I anticipate her to take over more as she gets old.

Len had a couple big updates this past weekend... Matt walked into her room and someone was sitting up and ready to go... that forced us to drop her crib and pack and play down. Now she's even more of a jailbird! She's also celebrated her being 7 months this past weekend. Another reminder that my baby really isn't a baby but a toddler in training. Some days I feel her growing and developing like sand slipping through my fingers. It's so bitter sweet for me... I love seeing her grow and learn but it's almost scary how fast it happens.
 
We also had a picture hanging party and gave my Grandma her Christmas present. Instead of items, I take her out on the town for a night... we go to dinner and then to a show. This year we started the night off with Johnny Carino's as a family and then her and I went to the ballet. It was a lovely night and a beautiful show. Act II was my favorite, seeing the dancers with such grace. I got home that night and Matt busted me trying to go on pointe.

On Sunday, we headed out to the farm to check on Mom who had facial surgery. She hasn't been doing well but then again she's never had a surgery that's been a breeze. 

Update on the protest: They are blaming the ND government for creating the storm... geoengineered weather warfare, which according to them has been going on for years citing examples like Occupy Wallstreet and Woodstock. They also say that China has been doing it for years and this was likely created by weather balloons or drones. It's awful coincident that they day they were told to leave was bookended by storms.

Best Meal: Matt and I had a date night out Wednesday, we went to JL Beers. We didn't do anything out of the normal... had our usuals. We always enjoy their burgers... from there we went to Target and Scheels. Awww, the lives of young parents.

MJR: I think my mom is disappointed in us.
ALR: What? Why?
MJR: Because of all the places, we went to JL's.
ALR: But we never get to come here, because we can't bring in Sassafras.
MJR: I know.
ALR: And it's just not the same to pick it up and bring it home.
MJR: I know. 
ALR: Well, I don't want to disappoint her,
MJR: I know.
ALR: I don't feel like you are listening to me.
MJR: I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment