Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Autumn (aw tuhm)

My birthday was celebrated a bit differently than in the past. It was pretty low key! Len enjoyed oatmeal mush while I enjoyed smoked salmon. The nice surprise was that my mom showed up with flowers and a cake and enjoyed with us! It was a pleasant day and I was glad to spend it with faces I love.

We also prepared for the weekend, it was a big weekend for Matt as he got a pronghorn tag this year. He's been waiting a long time to get it and this would be the year that he finally was able to go. He prepared by perusing the camo and also by testing out his stocking - as antelope you creep up on versus deer that you walk and kick out. I was happy to see him so excited to go. I was a little apprehensive of a weekend by myself - I've come to rely on our tagteaming efforts!
I prepped for all this weekend. I had been given gords and pumpkins from Vern and Sue, next door and I made good use of them on our front steps. This is one holiday that I do do a bit more on our path.

One thing I did want to do for my birthday was go to the food truck festival. With Matt out of town, Eric was stuck! We shared quite a few things including maple bacon donuts, mustard dipped walleye wrap, award winning bacon trainwreck sandwich, and both enjoyed ice cream cookie sundaes. I think my favorite was the walleye wrap! So tasty! Eleanor napped a bit while we took it all in.

Matt came home Saturday night. He got his pronghorn. He commented on how crazy the hunt was with 400 tags given in his area but he got his goat just 3 miles north of the SD border. He also managed to get cactus in his knee, who knows how long that will take to get out!

I was very glad Eric was there as the two of them hung and dressed out the animal and then on Sunday proceeded to process it all.

Best meal: Birthday supper of salmon followed by salmon and crackers later that week!

MJR: I love fall.
ALR: I know you do, honey.
MJR: Ahh, the crisp in the air. The change in the season. It always makes me nostalgic for college days.
ALR: Serious?
MJR: Yeah. By the way, I talked to Tim a couple weeks ago and told him we'd love to come apple picking.
ALR: Apple picking?
MJR: It's a wonderful fall activity!
ALR stares.
MJR: What do you think this season's fall color is going to be?
ALR stares.
ALR: Like fashion or the leaves?
MJR: Fashion... maybe maroon or orange or brown?
ALR: Who are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment