Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Soiree (sway reh)

 This week we are in full fall swing. Sure, I've decorated the front, we have Len's Halloween costume, and we've been to a football game, but we officially "winterized" the garden beds. I pulled my carrots and we prepped it with leaves and mulching. I'm not ready for winter and all the cold and snow that it brings. I don't think I have much of a choice. Matt's been very excited about fall's arrival... I had plans to do some more apple canning including apple pie filling or even apple butter but my evenings have changed so much since this summer.
We were busy this past weekend. Starting with Friday... Eleanor spent the day with Grandma Di. We didn't have daycare that day and I had an all day board meeting so it worked out perfect that Grandma wanted to spend a bit of extra time. This was the most time she'd spent with Sassafras and they covered a lot of ground... they hung out with Great Grandma Dar and even went to the airport before going home and prepping for Matt and I's birthday celebrations.

On Saturday, we had lunch with Grandma and Grandpa Remynse who got to see how much she's grown and changed since they last saw her. After lunch, we headed over to Oliver's first birthday party.

MJR getting ready in the morning: So, what does one do at a one-year old's birthday party? I feel like I'm entering a new chapter of my life.
ALR: You are.

Allison did a beautiful job putting it all together. She had appetizers for everyone to snack on. From minicorn dogs to jalapeno popper quiches - it was all tasty! The decorations were so smart and classy... I took notes and plan to copy a bit. Allison made Oliver's smash cake - Apple Cinnamon with a Blueberry whip cream frosting. Matt was a bit jealous as he wanted to try a piece. He was every bit as enthusiastic as I expected him to be... I loved his two hand grab approach to the cake!

After presents were opened, Matt and I got ready to go. We aren't sure when we'll see the Pinkertons next and after the cutest fairwell ever, I hope it's not too long. After we put Len in her seat, Oliver came over to say goodbye in his own way! He reach down to take her hand and then even rocked her chair a bit. I won't lie - melted my heart a lot to see how gentle they were with each other.

On Sunday, Len and I headed out to Dickinson for Shantelle and Alice's baby
shower. Alice is starting to grow and has some sweet squeaks. Right now, she is all her dad in looks right now. Len enjoyed playing on the floor while I hung out with Alice and at the shower she proceeded to spit/raspberry all over while Shantelle opened gifts. For the most part she was exceptionally well behaved!

MJR lays EER down for the night.
ALR: She's not all the way down, she's moving around.
MJR: We'll see how this goes.
10 minutes later EER has rotated 180 degrees and is now laying with head down, slightly snoring. 
ALR: She went down all by herself.
MJR: She's self-soothing.
ALR begins to cry.
MJR: What's wrong?
ALR: My baby is growing up... she doesn't need us.
MJR: Well, she can't get out of the crib without us, so she still needs us.
ALR sniffles: I guess you are right.

No comments:

Post a Comment