Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Endure (en-dyoor)

Here's the deal... I don't know if there is an actual baby in there anymore. I think last summer I ate a watermelon seed. Now it has lodged in my intestinal wall and due to the environment and conditions, it has taken root and grown. It's become a full sized watermelon - ready to be harvested and what not, just in time for summer! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I don't think she's ever going to come out.

She did get a little special attention this week as I did a story for the local news on the infant at work program. Was a nice piece that I didn't prepare for... well that story was picked up by the Today Show. At last look it was viewed over 527K times. Was a bit overwhelming.
ALR: Oh my gosh. It was picked up by the Today Show.
MJR: Well I was in USA Today, once.

ALR: There's 472 comments.
MJR: I was in every hotel.
ALR: You do know this isn't a competition.

MJR: Well, you aren't the only big deal.

It's been a long week lugging her around while she takes her merry time deciding when to come out. The highlight has been that it's spring clean up week in Bismarck. That means that people can put any junk out on the curb and it will be picked up no questions asked on your regularly scheduled garbage clean up day. This also means that it's personal scavenger hunt week. Matt and I get into his truck and drive around town to collect items that we deem our new treasures.
Items we "acquired":
  • Weed Whacker
  • Pressure Washer
  • Hose Reel
  • Garage Vacuum
  • Patio Table
  • Wagon
  • Metal Stool
Sure the items are great to gather, but it also kills me to watch the other scavengers! We followed a guy with a trailer picking up mowers - it wasn't a little trailer either. Matt had some tinkering to do on some of the pieces, I'm okay with that because after all, "a $400 pressure washer doesn't fix itself."
The other big happenings, aside from me, is the yard. Matt has been working in the yard (specifically the lawn) but we also determined we are amazing at growing onions and garlic, maybe not so good at the shallots though. With the rain and the sun, we could practically see them grow. Way better than last year!
With the warming temps we tend to take the cats out more - to help their birding skills-let's be honest, they eat grass and roll around. We check out the garden growth, and enjoy my trees! It's my favorite thing about spring is their happy blooms. It keeps for such a short time but it makes things so wonderful!

 We also worked on the final items of the nursery - the baby monitor. With this up and running, we are as ready as we are going to be. Matt and I tested the monitor too. He figured we have range all the way to the garden!
We are pretty happy with how everything turned out. We didn't exactly go with a theme, I just wanted a clean look. I'm sure there will be more organization when she comes. Will give me time to work on my system. I feel like I'm in a good spot for clothing though. Between a couple packages that we found online and Tiffany and Judy giving us a bunch - I've got her dresser ready for up to 6mo size clothing. I'm sure we'll burn through everything pretty quick.

We spent Mother's Day weekend in the most appropriate way - with the mothers/soon to be grandmothers. Saturday morning, we made breakfast for my mother and spent some of the day with her. Matt even played the awesome card and got some of her yard work started. Sunday, Michele and Randy came down and we went to Runnings, spent some time in the yard with the cats, and then Matt made supper. We were able to catch both mothers up with the most recent update from our appointment. Her heatbeat was 145 and Matt thinks she's looking like him... I think she just looks crunched/scrunched.

Best meal: Matt did our first pizza on the grill of the season for Mother's Day per his mother's request. Was crispy and wonderful.

Name of the week: We did tell our parents that it ends in an N. That was kinda a lie. What we plan to call her ends in an N, not the name that we've officially selected.
Cravings: Burgers, Tacos, Chick-fil-a Frozen Lemonade
Pregnancy Symptoms: exhaustion, swelling, snoring, looking ready to pop, frustration, an acute sense of what gravity feels like, sweating, inability to sleep, get comfy, or get up from any sort of reclining position unassisted.

Monday am
MJR: No baby?
ALR: No baby.
Tuesday am
MJR: No baby?
ALR: No baby.
Wednesday am
MJR: No baby?
ALR sighs: No baby.
Thursday am
ALR: No baby.
MJR leans forward: Okay (insert baby name), it's time to get out. You've really frustrated your mother, I can tell just by looking at her.

No comments:

Post a Comment