Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Abide (uh-bihyde)

It started out as a wet week. One that even had my pregnancy hormones a bit stirred up as I was afraid all the rain we were getting was making the drainage ditch overflow and was washing away the duck eggs that had been laid there. Matt said my maternal instincts may be in hyper drive and that the ducks were safe. We were watching them from the deck the rest of the week. I'll feel better when I see little ducks from the hatch.

Also regarding the rest of the week, I've been "living" with Matt's freak out. See, he's not happy with the backyard and I received my own person "state of the yard" speech, which was more of a rant. I heard about the crab grass, the weeds, the bare spots, and the explicit dandelions galore. When I commented that I hadn't noticed and thought the yard looked fine, my opinion was suddenly discredited. He also waited impatiently for the aerator to show up...
ALR: There's a lawn crew outside.
MJR: WHAT?!!
ALR: I don't know if it's your guys.
MJR looks out the windows, raises Lola like she's the Lion King: Kitties! They are HERE!
MJR bounds up stairs to put jeans on.
ALR ambles upstairs: Should I be concerned that you were never that excited to see me? Are you going to be this excited when I go into labor?
MJR: I'll work something up.

Also I should mention that we(I mean Matt when I say WE) are documenting our lawn processes.

For Kevie - sometimes
you gotta support F. U. 
On Friday night, we had a little date night complete with movie and dinner. We went to Deadpool together. Was nice to go out, relax, and enjoy a bit. Dinner could have been more romantic than McDonalds but it worked. AND I got popcorn.

Saturday was a day around the house, aside from the yard, we also did some errand running, some organizing. I wish we could have been more productive but we did accomplish a few things. Matt even cleaned the toilets - to which I learned we have VERY different processes. The sad part was I was a bit bummed because we were supposed to be in Rapid City for my cousin's wedding but baby prevented any traveling per doctor's request. Wish I could have partook in the fun. Instead, we did have Dad over for supper that night as Mom and Alaina had gone to the wedding.

Sunday didn't go as planned at all. We went out to the farm to help Dad . We had a breakdown, which sucked. We did attempt to make it up to Dad later when we brought his truck down to him. I always hated spring work at the farm, everything always seem to be behind and things always seem to breakdown. I know they have a hectic month coming up with getting into the field and AIing. I hope it's smooth sailing from here.

We also did a little exploration around Bismarck on Sunday as it was the Spring Parade of Homes. We have been looking for ideas on landscaping and whatnot. Some of the houses irritated me as the layouts didn't make sense and seemed wasteful. Made me glad to come home to the house I've gotten so comfy in.

Best meal: I forced Matt to eat Ground Beef Smileys. I can't help it. I like them right now and could easily eat them 3 or 4 times a week. Happily. I also have to compliment my husband as he cooked sweet and sour pork for us this week and I thought that was very good. He said it reminded him of Chinese nights when he was younger at home.

Name of the week: I'm excited to tell people.... we did have the rule that her name had to be somewhat simple since it was being paired with a last name she'll have to repeat and spell for years to come.
Cravings: Chocolate licorice. I also created my own little combination of blackberries (which have been on sale this past week) combined with chocolate teddy grahams. It's my ode to Judy who's craving included starbursts in american cheese slightly melted. I think mine is way more mainstream!
Pregnancy symptoms: the feeling of giving up and defeat, the inability to take my shoes off at work because they won't go back on, exhaustion, inability to sleep, night sweats, more snoring, more groaning. And when Matt notices how much I've swelled and has brought it to the dr. attention, you know it's got to be bad.
This whole pregnancy thing has been a lot harder than I anticipated. I'm so blessed we are here but boy props to the women that continue to have babies - right now I can't even pick things off the floor. At her appointment her heartbeat was 164 - we were also told we'll have some big conversations next week as her size continues to be the main topic of discussion at the OB appointments.

I'm also working on a list of foods that I can't wait to have:
-Salami sandwich
-Ham sandwich
-Over easy eggs
-FISH
-Margarita
-Pizza with Beer (these warm up weather days have made me really want a beer!)

ALR making sloppy joes: Dang it, I knew I should have defrosted another pound of hamburger. I should have listened to my gut.
MJR looks up: What does she know?

No comments:

Post a Comment