Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Flummox (fluhm-uh ks)

I’ve lost my belly button. It’s official. I looked at it where it should be over the weekend and it’s no longer present. I’m a little concerned that a torso nose is developing in its place but I don’t know how to combat that advancement.

Other than this new development, the past week was rather slow. We’ve had a North Dakota cold snap with highs in the 0 and lows in the negative. So glad the furnace got repaired before the temps really plummeted. My biggest goal was to stay warm, toasty, and well rested this weekend. We got to sleep in a bit, I napped once, and the kitties seemed overall content with the activity. We did take Rick and Shantelle to the airport on Saturday morning so they could go to Florida. Matt’s a little bitter about that as he finished the backsplash and had key lime cheesecake instead of partaking in the real thing.

We also had our first big culinary flop of 2016. We attempted to make pasta. We are not good at pasta. We tried two different recipes and both were mildly a disaster. Maybe we tried to take on too much too fast and skipped the basic noodles to head right for ravioli. We had all sorts of problems mostly related to too much flour or not enough flour. We got butternut squash all over the rollers. Matt tried to make purple but it came out brown. And then to top it off when we went to cook it the next night, I didn’t realize that I hadn’t dried it properly and they all combined together into a huge ravioli ball.

Best meal: Chicken tortilla soup...just hit the spot. Sorry, it wasn't the pasta disaster.

Name of the week: Sloan
Cravings: Milk, tootsie rolls, chips
Pregnancy symptoms: lack of sleep, runny nose/irritated sinuses, larger belly, sciatica nerve pain, missing belly button, weird dreams

MJR and ALR setting table for supper.
MJR takes plate out from under bowl to put apples and cheese on it.
ALR grabs another plate from cupboard and puts it under MJR’s bowl again.
MJR: I don’t need a plate.
ALR: Yes, you do.
MJR: Why is that, it’s just dirtying another dish.
ALR continues to set table: well, you are a little sloppy. 
MJR stares at ALR
ALR: But I love you.
ALR pulls milk from fridge to put on table.
ALR drops gallon of milk (1/4 full) on floor.
Both stare at floor.
MJR: You are really lucky that wasn’t more full.
ALR: No kidding, and that the lid stuck.
MJR: And I’m sl---
ALR: I’m pregnant, they warned us the klutziness was coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment