Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

500

500.
Seriously. 500 posts. It’s been just over a year and I’ve managed to churn out another 100.
This blog has been a labor of love. Some days it’s a struggle to come up with good things to write about. After all, when all you did over the weekend was cuddle up and avoid the cold, where’s the adventure and romance in that. It’s way easier to write about the trips, the food, and the antics of the cats. But sometimes, the cats are really boring too. TonyDanza didn’t move the other day for over 6 hours. I went over and checked if he was breathing, by waking him up.

At this time, I’d like to thank my solid readership which consists of Remynses and 1 Moser. Thank you for your following. I write for you…otherwise you send me hate texts and emails reminding me of my lapse.

Let’s get on with some stats. There hasn’t been too drastic of a change.
You’ll see that the posts haven’t shaken up too much. Matt’s grandfather’s obit gets the most action by far. I’ll be curious to see if Lee’s obit also rises after more time. There was a swap in #2 and #3 from our 400th post anniversary.

In regards to my international influence, I don’t think it’s as significant as it looks. But a girl can dream about making her future as a world travel blogger. #welcomingsponsors (blog first, I’ve never done a hashtag before)

Finally, here’s a view of the growth of the blog. The largest peak was the peak from the wedding. The next peak was our 2014 Christmas Card followed by our vacationing posts from June of this year.

Final thoughts on 500. 
If you are reading this, welcome to a glimpse of our lives. I’ve tried to capture it so we can remember the highs, celebrate the boring, and nod to the lows. I don’t know if the blog conveys what an amazing life I have and how much I love my husband. I don’t know if it conveys how we really are or if it's just a random piecing of my thoughts as we continue to bumble along together. Matt and I use this blog to think back in time…to remember where we were at, to remember what we had, to see pics of us changing, to hold time as best as possible. I love hearing the feedback from people that get a kick out of the blog/us because they get to see a little bit more than most. Maybe this blog is where I brag but mostly this is where I’ve kept our memories. Here's to the first 500.... Let's toast to the next 500 and what comes with it.


ALR: Do you read the blog?
MJR: Yeah.
ALR: Oh, you never comment.
MJR: Yes, I do.
ALR: Correcting my grammar or spelling doesn’t count.
MJR: Well, you had my mom eating a crap sandwich.
ALR: I fixed that. I put a B where the P was. I’m just sayning I never get feedback from you.
MJR: When you are wrong, I’ll tell you.
ALR: There’s always a critic out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment