Pages

Friday, November 21, 2014

St. Maarten: Goodbye from the sky

So here’s the deal. 
I hate leaving.
Seriously, who wants to leave.
So off we went with our big bags. Grumpy. Irritated. And sunburnt.
We stopped at Zee Best Bakery right outside of the airport to get lunch before taking off. Michele had a cheese sandwich, Matt and Randy enjoyed Italian sandwiches, and I had a chicken salad wrap. There were a few desserts ordered but we didn’t enjoy them until we made it through round 1 of security/customs. Round 2 would be when we made it to USA.
Round 2 sucked. Huge lines, which I began to lose track of what we were in line for. One line was to take the worst picture ever on our reentry pass. Eww. Sadly I know now the government has two horribly discriminating pictures of Matt and I that I hope never show up again. Last year was so nice, we could breeze thru TSA’s checkpoint and love live. Not this year, we suffered thru with the other slummers. The only bright spot was the Chick-fil-a when we finally got thru to Atlanta.

We made it to Minneapolis at 11:00 and checked into our hotel room. Matt attempted to put aloe on me. I’m not sure if it was the long day travel, separation anxiety from the island, or sheer pain of the sunburn but the day ended in tears. 

Randy: Now I see why you allowed for a longer layover.
MJR: We never would have made it through customs and check points.
ALR: I hate lines.

Day 10

No comments:

Post a Comment