Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Waiting on the Warmer Weather

This week was coming off a catch up week. We had been gone because of the conference and then the home visit. So this week my goal was to get caught up on laundry and sleep in. I slept in. I did laundry. I still have a suitcase that Lola thinks is her personal cat bed in my bedroom.

This weather is starting to turn. We’d like a bit of a dry out. Matt’s been fighting his parking lot and the mud and it doesn’t look like that will end soon. I think of my parents and the slop that they are putting up with. Meanwhile, I’m just sitting here wondering when we can get some decent temps and some sun.
I drove back up from Bowman yesterday for a housing inspection for work. I had a bit more time to look at the country side, mostly because I was stuck in a Baker Hughes Convoy line. It sure it bleak right now and gray and brown. I’m looking forward to green and bright and clean. I’m anxious to sit on the patio and enjoy the grill. The kitties and Matt are anxious to have the screen open. Matt opened it a bit this past weekend as he was the chief chef and did a lot of his cooking outside, or at least as much as he could.
We did play catch up on some house projects this past weekend and have a game plan for the next weekend. For some reason motivation is an issue, so I just find other projects. Like I organized the basement and did a full on clean of the boxes for the kitties. I was supposed to be painting. At least I was productive.
Best meal: Probably the salmon. We had some great menu’s this past weekend. Friday we had fish tacos, Saturday we had pizza, and Sunday we had smoked salmon and asparagus. Matt was very disappointed in his pizza. I was happy with it but understand why he was so mad. He made his own mozzarella cheese and he overworked it a bit so it didn’t melt like he was hoping. He won’t be using it in the upcoming entry into the Big Dance/Remynse Pizza Tradition.
We made another crockpot meal this week to aid with our schedule. Note to self, Matt doesn’t like Honey Chicken, not even 1%. He was sure to inform me of that. Big. Damn. Baby.
In the kitchen
ALR: Where are you going?
MJR: What are you doing?
ALR: I’m dancing with you! You are not dancing with me, you are leaving!
MJR: I thought it was a house rule, no twerking.
ALR: GASP! IT is NOT!
The Countdown until Kevin comes is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment