Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Fill-In Farmer for the Day!

We made a trip home. It does feel like we haven’t been there for a bit. I’ve seen the cameras more than I’ve seen the calves. We went home for a couple reasons. First, it’s my mother’s birthday on 3-11, so I had to celebrate with her. Second, Matt was fill-in farmer for the day. Dad went to a sale in Stanley.
So Matt did the chores, Mom and I kept watch on the babies. They were pretty happy that we’ve finally had a break on the weather, both my parents and the calves. The calves were jumping and running and chasing the dog. I’m amazed at how many sets of twins that my parents have had. I think if memory and count serves me well, it’s now up to 7 pairs.


When we finished up we had a bit, I made cookies and frosted Mom’s cake while Matt and Mom had the excitement of pulling a calf with Wade. Big calf! Mom’s birthday happened that night with steaks that Matt cooked, bread that grandma baked, and angel food cake with sticky frosting.
Best meal: Before we had to take off, Mom had a roast made with mashed potatoes, corn, and bread, and gravy. Hit the spot!

Upon arriving home:
ALR (hearing the cat watering fountain making irritating empty noise): Grrrrrr.
MJR: What?
ALR: I can hear the cat fountain, we need to already put more water into it.
ALR (Walking over to it): BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
MJR: What? What is going on?
ALR: This is your department.
MJR: WHAT? (Walking over)
MJR: WHO PUKED IN THE FOUNTAIN?
ALR: I have to sit down! AHHHHAHAHAHAHAH BWHAHAHAHAHAHA
MJR (Now pointing and accusing possible victims): Was it you? What about you? I think it was you!



Happy Birthday, Mom, wish I could spend the day with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment