Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Paint and Pizza Sauce

The countdown for prepping is on. Kevin is making his annual ND tour this weekend and we are getting ready. We had an extremely productive weekend. My biggest coup of the whole deal was I
Someone will be awful sad
when we put the room back.
finally got the “blue” room painted. It’s been on my mind for months but the task has seemed daunting as the room walls were blue, the ceiling was blue, the closet was blue, the closet shelves and bracket were blue, the closet ceiling was blue and I have wondered who in their right mind paints the closet and the ceiling, MANY TIMES! So we went from blue to flaky biscuit and it’s WAY better! Now just need to get the room put back together and go from there!

Not like priming a room and ceiling is small potatoes but we also did some serious canning. Matt has refined his own pizza sauce recipe that he modified from his father’s and I managed to get my hands on 35 pounds of tomatoes. So there we were with our basil and oregano and tomatoes and it’s all fun and games until Matt doesn’t put the lid on the blender. Once we got the pizza sauce made, we got to working on canning it. We got them all sealed, all 14ish pints of pizza sauce. From the remains of the boiled down, Matt also went a bit further and made Bloody Mary mix. I think we ended up with 3 quarts and 2 pints of that too.
We did get some socializing in too. I had a girls’ night out on Saturday to celebrate a bestie’s birthday. My girls’ night out have changed a bit since I’ve gotten older, and become married. We enjoyed conversation and pizza and it was a good time. On Sunday, Matt and I both helped with the DRFD’s Magic Show, where the proceeds were all going to the Fire Dept. Matt set up and tore down and I took tickets at the door. The place was packed! Additional seating had to be set up and kids were even allowed to sit on the floor. We did not stay for the show but I did want to see the tigers, Matt got to view them and their dinner time.

This week will be busy as we have partnered with the college and are hosting a job fair on Tuesday. We reached capacity of 50 employers and hope to have a good seeker turnout. There is a nice range of employers from oilfield to fast food to medical to professional. This will be the first job fair that I’ve been a part of, so we’ll see.

Best meal: pork chops with cheesy broccoli and salads. We tried some of the different seasonings and I think I like the greek seasoning on the pork chops the best.

On the tomato line.
MJR: AHHHHHH, you put a frozen tomato in this pot??
ALR: Yes, I did, in fact I put a lot of frozen tomatoes in that pot.
MJR: You CAN’T do THAT! I have A SYSTEM!
ALR (eye roll): Hmmm…Well, fire me then.
MJR: If you weren’t such a dang good tomato peeler, I would!

Despite Kevin's dislike of the wedding pics, I will put a Kevin pic up to celebrate his visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment