Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Star Struck.

Dad did it again, twice in one week he got on the news. What I find funny is the topic of this last story, which was his opinion on the Super Bowl Commercial that Dodge put out, “So God Made a Farmer”. I worked in advertising marketing for a year and my father has a distinct opinion on advertising and what he thinks works and what people should spend to get that and what people spend their money on. However this advertisement, with Paul Harvey’s ringing tones and these pictures that brought tears to my eyes and pride to my heart portrayed a message that those associated with agriculture can understand. So many do not realize the personal and emotional sacrifice that the ag industry inflicts upon those involved, so many of Paul Harvey’s statements have happened to my family in various situations. I also think the most honest work that I have done has been with my father and on the farm. But my father, man of opinions (just ask him), said that he was surprised by the commercial and it stunned him a bit and to me, his humbleness and honesty and shock at being acknowledged for his sacrifices that he’s made is what made me even more aware of the statements made in that commercial. Thank you, Dodge.


I’m also told my father is looking for an agent to handle all his publicity events and will be giving signatures for those that would like to pay. I did ask Matthew if he’s like my father to coach him a bit, since he’s the current residential expert, Matthew did not look impressed.

Best meal: I made pizza and surprisingly it was ok on the first night, but the second day, after sitting in the fridge all night, it was better.

MJR: “HEY, wait a minute, how did Paul Harvey narrate the Super Bowl commercial? HE’S DEAD!”
ALM: “They used the speech that he gave at the 1978 FFA Convention.”
MJR: “Oh.”

No comments:

Post a Comment