Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Making News.

So Matthew is competitive and likes to have his way. For those of you that know him, this is no surprise. In an attempt to not be outdone by my father, he decided to hit the news with the most splash he could. Not only has United announced but Delta followed suit. Which means more crabbiness and more airtime. The saddest part was that he was supposed to be on the news Thursday night, but was bumped for some Pakistani birds that are at ECLC. My mother determined that he may need my father to be his publicist because he never gets bumped and often makes all three news (6, 10, and Morning). Matt did manage to finally get his handsome face on two stations on Friday and then a live broadcast on Tuesday, which my father hasn’t been able to accomplish yet. I believe the quote was “I’ve one-upped your father.”


This week has been crazy. Work has been hectic for both of us. I have been trying to get on the blog to catch up for a bit and between getting caught up at home and all, things just haven’t gone my way. We did spend last weekend in Bismarck as my father went to Nebraska to a bull sale. Matt was my super hero for the weekend. He came and did chores for my dad so that he could go. I don’t know if he’ll understand what a big deal that it was to me, my father, or my mother. I have dated guys in the past who did not want to work with the farm and did not understand it. It’s nice to know that Matt’s willing to invest time and sweat into something that’s a major part of me and continues to be a huge part of my life, no matter where I live. He also understands the sacrifice that my father makes and the work that he puts in on a daily basis. He had a minor hiccup, but we came out in great shape, so no worries!

The big worry of the weekend was the storm that was moving through the Midwest, specifically eastern SD, where Dad was coming back from with 5 head that he’d purchased. He was driving back with little to no sleep, going 35 miles an hour in crappy conditions. It was hard for the three of us to watch the radar and try to guide him back. Was glad to hear the phone ring at 3:30am, saying he was just getting to the gravel. Matt and I will be picking out one of those cows to add to our herd.

Did get myself a little sick on Sunday, I think it was a combination of working my neck out of line and sleepiness. I think it’s been brewing for awhile but a visit to the chiropractor and 2 days of no big time exertion has me back to feeling like normal.

We even got to see a bit more family as Michele and Randy made it down to Bismarck for a lunch. They were awful nice to treat us and we also got to see their new toys, handguns. Makes me think Matt and I might have to get them. We also visited the hospital to check on Gramma’s progress. She was looking pretty good and was ejected from the hospital this past Thursday to go back home. She’ll still be going to rehab but we are in a much better spot than two weeks ago.

Best meal: We went to famous dave’s and the company is what made the meal but the pizza for supper that night was pretty dang good and hit the spot after chores.

Best quotes of the weekend all made by MJR.
“There’s nothing on YouTube on how to pick up round bales with a tractor!!!!”

“Come and get’er girls!” To the cows as he dropped feed into the bunks
“I think that’s what your dad says, too” To me, who couldn’t help but snicker at my farmer-in-training.
“Who shit in the bunk?” back to the cows, who probably do not get that said to them by my dad.


No comments:

Post a Comment