Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

It's Been a Hard Winter

Well we’ve entered March…I remember in school we talked of this whole in like a lion out like a lamb. Funny how we remember these childhood lessons because they were to give us hope that spring may actually come.

This week I was crabby because I’m still dealing with a broken car. The insurance company, USAA, is awful and rude, and I do not like them. I wish them occasional audits and plumbing problems, just kidding, not really. I hope to get my car back the early part of this week. I’m tired of bumming rides. I think I will buy myself a second car so when idiots back into my parked car I will have my fancy el camino to take care of me!

I also had a great opportunity happen. I’ve been keeping track of the 2011 Great Plains Young Professionals Summit, which I also attended in 2010. This year the summit will be held in Fargo and they sent out request for proposals for speakers. I was approached by a professor on campus, who I have a lot of respect for, Dr. Deb Dragseth. She asked if I wanted to do a partner presentation on young entrepreneurs. I said ABSOLUTELY. So if chosen we will present in June on a great topic. I’m very excited and honored to be asked!

Saturday, I spent my day helping out at the Elks. I did not think I would be donating 10 hours straight but it was a good cause that helped out a friend and I was surrounded by good company.
I did find out that Alaina’s first horse, Beauty, had to be put down. It made me sad to know that a creature that had changed my sister’s life has passed on. I know the family took it hard and my thoughts have continued to go back to Alaina and her spotted mare.

“What we have once enjoyed we can never lose; All that we love deeply, becomes a part of us.”—Helen Keller

1 comment:

  1. That is a very nice thought about your sister and her first love. Beauty will rest with Jill, Sims and Red Rock at the big rock on the hill.

    ReplyDelete