Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Laughter Warming My Heart!

What a weekend…I had a terrible week but it was made ALLL better by the amazing time I had on a getoutoftown trip!

Here’s the rundown of the week:
Sunday-Snow dump..they said 8 inches, but I think that’s a bit modest
Monday-shoveled and had some tough conversations
Tuesday-my car got backed into…GRRRRR!!! The moron did $1600 worth of damage to my door.
Wednesday-had some shopping issues and argued with the moron’s insurance company who is paying for the fixing of the car
Thursday-picked up the rental
Friday-RAN AWAY!

On Friday, 5 of us (Shantelle, Krissy, Becca, Burke, and myself) got out of town and headed for Bismarck. We stayed with a past DYP member Dave but enjoyed some of the downtown scene before crashing. We had dinner at the Blarney Stone and drinks at the Peacock.


Saturday morning, we got up at a decent time and took off for Grand Forks for the UND SIOUX GAME! I love hockey! Talk about luck when we walked into our SUITE, where we got to enjoy the game in style! The game was great, UND won 5-2. From there we went to Joe Blacks, a great little bar. This was a NDYP event, where Grand Forks hosted all the networks to come visit. They were awesome hosts and great to visit with. We are hoping to visit more about opportunities to partner.

The best part was all the laughter and fun. The five of us filled a car but also made sure there was great conversation and a ton of laughs! This was so what I needed and I can’t believe how lucky I am to have great friends and make memories.

“Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories.” –From the movie An Affair to Remember

No comments:

Post a Comment