Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hot Gumbo Is Way Better Than Cold Weather!

Groundhogs are dumb! Where’s this spring he proclaimed. I just don’t know if I can ever trust a varmint again. Saturday night’s 8 inch dump of snow was disheartening and depressing. There were parts were the snowblower wasn’t tall enough to take out the drifts. The only part that was good was the previous warm weather had allowed for me to put the snow somewhere.

After recuperating from “whatever” I had, I played catch up at work. We presented the NDYP Best Place to Intern award to a local Dickinson Young Professionals Sponsor, Ebeltoft . Sickler . Lawyers. We had a nice turnout from both of their firm and our YP network. I also have been working on the details to bring Patrick Atkinson, from the God’s Child Project, out to Dickinson to speak. That will happen in March.

On Saturday, before the blizzard attack, I went to the Gumbo cook-off with Becca as my date. We went for a couple reasons, something new to do AND also to see if DYP wanted to do something like that next year. We realize that it will take some money, maybe a sponsor but it would be great to do as a team. There were a couple great ones…and then there weren’t some good one. The place was PACKED!! We’ll see about next year.

I’m so looking forward to a well needed trip out of town….for a variety of reasons. Can it be Friday yet?

"One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating." -Luciano Pavarotti and William Wright, Pavarotti, My Own Story

No comments:

Post a Comment