Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Pre-holiday Potpourri

December is creeping by. I can’t believe it! I don’t know if I’m 100% ready for the holidays, I have much to be thankful for and to celebrate but I still have things to do…I guess that’s what weekends are for! Ha!

I’ve been pretty busy over the past couple weeks….I attended the Parade of Lights with Kiera and Mel. I loved that it was a backwards parade….we drove by and they came to our car! Ha! We also had a girls game night where we ate appetizers and hit up Taboo and Pictionary! I have to admit that Mel’s “dragon” drawing is on our fridge, just to bring a laugh!

After recuperating from Ladies Night Out, work has kinda slowed down, mostly it’s a game of catch up. We had done some intensive work with focus groups during October and November, so we are closing these up now and getting the report off to the Bush Foundation. I also have worked with Leadership Dickinson more lately. Suzi, who I met through DYP, has been coordinating the program and I have been a sounding board and a support system. Suzi has been volunteering a majority of her time and I have enjoyed working closely with her. I did nominate her for the Governor’s Choice Awards for the Volunteer of the Year awards, but she had some pretty stiff competition.

I know my mother reads this blog and I think she should skip this paragraph as I know she doesn’t want to hear it….I signed up to become a Scentsy consultant. For those that don’t know what Scentsy is…it’s a wickless soy candle that melts to emits a wonderful scent and there are a ton of scents to chose from. There is no flame, so it’s not a fire hazard. I’ve been using the product for a year and love it. I don’t plan to sell it the same way I sold Pampered Chef but I know I will use it. I like to do new things…what can I say!

I made a trip to Fargo this past weekend and spent some time with Janice and Jerry. I am continually reminded about the importance of family and am glad for the laughs that she continues to give me. We had in-depth conversations about Jerry’s snow-birding, Lady GaGa, the upcoming holiday, and her decorating skills!

This weekend I might bake a bit, have my computer worked on, work on Dad’s promo material for the spring sale of bulls, and finish wrapping presents…it always helps to have a list!

1 comment:

  1. AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!


    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete