Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

TonyDanza, I don’t think I’m in Kansas Anymore!

I struggled with the name of this post, it was that or “Surrounded by ears.....of Corn” Or “What do you mean I’m in Iowa” Or “4 Days 5 States”….needless to say…I’m back!
On facebook I posted my stats 4 days, 5 states, 1,978 miles, 3 aunts, 3 uncles, 5 cousins, 2 second cousins, 1 bag dill sunflower seeds, 1 ipod, thousands of dotted lines, millions of thoughts, and tooo much corn to count. It was a great trip.

I started it off with lunch at Schlotsky’s with Mom and Alaina. Great start! We caught up a bit and I took off for Madison to stay with Hope and Mark. I got there in just enough time to watch Coley play in the state softball tournament. It was exciting to see her be the first one to get around the bases and score the first run…she even stole second and third! Their team didn’t win but it had to go into double innings for the tie breaker. What was really cute was Hope made me a lunch complete with granola bar, ham and cheese sandwich, and fruit! I can’t remember the last time someone packed me a lunch!

The next morning I took off for Wheaton/Onaga/middle of nowhere Kansas! I got to see Tate for the first time; he’s the second of Kendra’s boys. They are pretty cute good little kids. Tucker had a little horse bucking off and was wearing a sling. I got a chance to see the horse Lisa wants Alaina to work and see the little yellow house that Harry and Lisa used to live in. I saw Kayla before she crashed after getting back from a wedding in Nebraska.

On Sunday, I drove to Salina to see Wendy and Trent. They took me golfing at their course. It was probably the nicest course I’ve been on hands down. I had a few bad swings but I got a few great hits and Trent complimented my swing. I’ll take that one everyday! It got to 100 when I was there! They also took me to the place where Adam used to serve at, it was fun to see.

Monday was drive day. I drove over 900 miles in one day…It wasn’t bad until I got to north eastern South Dakota…that is when the cabin fever got to me! I even got out in Sioux Falls and grabbed something for the road at Culvers. I had a few heavy storms that I went through between Jamestown and Bismarck, but I’m wondering if that was symbolic…afterall I got lost a few times, I went through a ton of construction, and maybe it was all appropriate!

A few health things…after 26 years I got strep for the first time. That took me by surprise. I was so glad that it cleared up before I left on the trip. The one thing that is in my head is that Grandpa Lavern was diagnosed with cancer. He’s 82 and has had a great life but that doesn’t make hearing that news any easier. He’ll be in my thoughts for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment