Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Planes, Plans, Parties, and Posts!

So…it’s official..my flight is booked! I’m so going to Guatemala! I’ve bought my salsa dancing dress, I just need to pick out the jewelry and shoes AND the rest of my wardrobe! I also found out that we are going to broadcast AND tape from Central America. I can’t believe that I will be able to have these memories captured. I’m so excited…and it’s only a couple weeks out!

This past week was all over the board at work. We had our Youth Leadership Summit, for area high school students to come hear the Gen Y guy, Jason Ryan Dorsey speak about leadership, opportunity, and taking risks. In the afternoon, we had 4 area young professionals come and speak about their learning experiences which has got them to where they are and in the careers. I was excited to take Jason out to supper Monday night. He is a great guy with a great sense of humor! It was fun to hear him speak!
We are also working on the Strom Conference, the big event for the Strom Center. This will be the 21-23, with the main event on the 22nd! There are quite a few details still being hashed out but it’s exciting to see it come together in the final stages!

Kim and I had our Scentsy Party! It was amazing. We had 16 people come to the party and a handful order from us afterward. I picked out a plug-in and a new burner and can’t wait for them to come and to have some more scents to play with. As I type I’m inhaling “cutie-pie cupcake”….Ahhhhhh!

The big highlight of the week was taking Sheri home to work and play farm! We went home and built fence with Dad all of Saturday. She worked her tail off and I was proud of her! She thinks the farm would beat the pants off any gym routine. She got to see some of the baby calves, play with the kitties, and even get stuck in the mud! Welcome to my childhood! Ha! She asked great questions and I enjoyed sharing this with her! I can tell she’s a friend…I took her home, she worked, and she still wants to talk to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment