Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Another Christmas over...where does time go?

It was great to have a few days off for the holidays. I love my family’s tradition of fondue-ing. We have been doing this for a couple years and of all things, it’s probably my favorite. After me going to college, it was hard to get back for the holidays and spend time just the four of us, we were missing so many things. We started spending Christmas Day at home. We open presents in the morning after chores, fondue for lunch, play games or watch movies the rest of the day. It’s so relaxing. It’s nice to spend the day with just us four…no agenda, just Christmas and a fireplace!

Santa and the holidays were too good to me, I got a lot of things on my Christmas List! A blockheater, a larger crockpot, hand warmers, wall hangings, mittens, massages, a few vintage things, and lots of love…

Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa Moser’s was quiet…I remember fitting a million people in a room and opening presents. We had a few families but because of the weather, not everyone was able to make it. Jaden and Sam’s little guy was there…he’s going to be a big kid! It was amazing how content he was surrounded by all these strangers!

The storm was awful…Makes me think White Christmases are overrated! I have some AWESOME friends though…Sheri and Scott called me the day after Christmas because they wanted to unplug my driveway and sidewalk! That’s probably the best present that I received…good friends who do soooo much for me! I was shocked to get back to Dickinson and see the town submerged in white bhluck. I was able to pull into my garage after removing the 3 foot high by 7 foot wide drift the city put in my driveway! Stupid Dickinson Way! And to think Janice said it never snows in Dickinson…hmmm!

This year Christmas was nothing that I planned or expected but there were some great moments that really tugged at my heart and reminded me of what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment