Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Little time, little steps, little breaths...

It’s amazing how your life can change in two weeks. Dan has moved-picked up all of his furniture and things. We are both moving on with our lives in one way or another. What amazes me about life changes are the people and messages that emerge, things that you didn’t see before.

I’ve been working on home improvement projects. Since Elvis left, I had to install a new lock on the garage. It was my first big project alone. It’s not quality craftsmanship but I did it and I did it mostly by myself. I’ve worked on other projects with my family’s help—they came out on Sunday and did so much for me. I don’t know what I’d do without them. I want to also thank my grandmother who thought of me and replaced my prehistoric dryer with one from Grandma Kinney. It’s comforting to have a piece of her in my house.

I’ve been busy at work; my department (which consists of Julie and me) is working on 14 or 15 projects right now! We are extremely dedicated right now to Ladies Night Out Shopping Celebration, which is a downtown kick off to the holiday season in Dickinson. I picked up this idea from Hillsborough, NC and we decided to give it a western ND twist. I’m excited about the event but will miss it because I will be in Vegas. If I wasn’t going to be on vacation, I would be very disappointed.

Vegas is coming up, and I am looking forward to the escape from reality. Mom and I talked Grace into coming…I can’t image all the laughs that I have in store. I will be sure to take pics as I’m sure I will remember this trip for the rest of my life. This time next week, I will be packing my bag for sin city! I’ll send TonyDanza and Lola postcards!

I’m waiting for some sense of normalcy to return to me—not sure what that means but I hope I recognize it when it comes. Keep my heart in your prayers as it hurts sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Vegas or bust baby!!! And the memories will be made. I can't wait. And normalcy will come, and it will be great. And then love will come again, and it will be great. Don't be afraid to trust, only the ones that have hurt you are the ones who don't deserve your trust.

    Love you honey, and don't forget, what happens in Vegas - stays in Vegas. Unless we agree to share. :)

    ReplyDelete