Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Rocks, Dryers, Lansford, Wind

It's one of those weeks where it rains and pours with problems. I'm back to the office for the second full week. Not exactly thrilled by it either by the way but whatever. The garbage disposal has backed up, the dryer took a schit, daycare is closed for another month on Fridays, it's stupid crap especially given the weight of the world right now.
Friday was a split day between Matt and I. He tried to take the kids golfing in the morning. I admire his attempt to take three kids who are shotty listeners to a course. I think he got frustrated with their "range of skills" but I admire him for taking them out of the house. 

We haven't been out much lately. E and I went to the store recently to grab something. We wore our masks. We got some dirty looks. ND is in a different mindset than the rest of the nation and it's almost chilling to see people be so cavalier. I am proud of my children for just adjusting to the time, asking the questions (especially E), and listening. I think right now that's not happening enough, more people need to listen. There's 9 million experts on everything out there and while I know that I don't know everything I want to be safe for the care of my family as well as those that come around us.

We headed to Lansford for the day on Saturday. We haven't been up for some time and thought with COVID lightening up it may be good to go see them. We rose with the sun (like normal) and headed up there. It was a good day aside from the wind. The wind was horrid - it forced us to the front of the yard and after being in it all day, I think all of us were a bit beat.

Sunday wasn't as windy but we stuck close to home. We got stuff
done around the house. Matt worked on the broken things. E has been enthralled with rocks lately. She does come by it naturally. I had a rock collection when I was younger but she's been collecting them in her pockets and shoes. Well, the same it all comes out in the wash rang pretty true. And if it doesn't in the wash, it will in the dryer. Matt found out that one of her precious rocks ended up in the dryer and edged itself in. In the meantime, I had Matt drag out the laundry line for me. The kids thought it was hilarious as they watched and helped me put things on the line. E was in charge of bringing me items and G was to hand me clothes pins. I could almost hear my mother's voice on how to hang things. There's a skill I don't expect to pass on to my children, not because I don't think that they should know but because we don't do it. I remember putting so much on the line when I was young and the feel of the wire and also watching my grandmother and her wicker basket as she put everything on the line from sheets to towels to shirts and underwear. 

headed to Lansford
EER: Are we there yet?
ALR: Have we stopped?
EER: No
ALR: Well that answers that question
MJR leans over: What are you going to say if we hit a red light in Minot?
ALR: Whose side are you on? 

No comments:

Post a Comment