Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Father's Day, Radish Removal, High Chair Eradication

It was Father's Day weekend. My children may never realize how lucky they are. Their father is so involved in all pieces of their life. He is the constant in our tumultuous waters. He kisses boo boos. He snuggles, he sings, he carries them, throws them in the air, tickles, changes diapers, makes sippy cups. I watch him and may laugh that they own him but his whole heart is in fatherhood. To the father of my children - thank you for you. You prompt me to be a good mama and when I'm struggling you are there so I can walk away to regroup. I know we prompt that right now it isn't about us.. it's about them and I'm glad that we are strong enough in the "us" to understand this is short term out of necessity.


Father's Day was a bit of a clustery mess because it snuck up on me... which is weird to say because it was late in the month and we had extra time to prepare but in a COVID world I have been a bit distracted and I hate going to stores and shopping. For breakfast we had bacon pancakes - something simple but fun. Matt appreciated it.. I'm not sure those other people did. Lunch was lowkey and Matt made a pork loin with my sides for supper. The highlight of his day was probably golfing though. We decided when you are 4, you get to go with Dad golfing on the golf course. So he and E went with a 1:14 tee time. It was hot but I guess the two of them had fun. She did take a divot off the first tee box BUT what do you expect - tiger woods?

Well, we had a first harvest from the garden - radishes. G would eat them and just laugh. E had one bite and determined it was a "no thank you" from there out and Ains had a bite put promptly spit them on the ground and cleaned her tongue off. Matt was happy with what he had. We potted them and put them in the front of the house this year. I think if we would have had some seed consistency we would have had an even better run but the people we live with can't leave a pot of dirt alone.
Another Friday with no daycare - it was my turn. We did a few things but their highlight was painting in the backyard. I will admit I feel like it was one of my moments of brilliance. I gave them sponge brushes and washable paint and the bigs went to town. E was very conscious in the creation of her house complete with grass. G was a bit more abstract but I believe when it was all said and done he informed me it was house as well. Ains was mad as she wanted to handle the paint and suck on the brush and those behaviors were kinda against the rules. It's rough to be an Ainsey somedays.
After a month of her getting mad and yelling at us in her highchair, we decided to move Ains into the bumbo and put her at the table. It was like night and day difference. The only thing is now that she knows what she wants and what she doesn't want. AND if Matt has the item she wants on her plate, she will take her fork and bang his plate (or even grab item) until she gets it. BUT she is quiet and happy.

Night before Father's Day...MJR giving ARR a bath.
ALR to Bigs: Okay....tomorrow is Father's Day, we have a few presents to give Dad. 
Shows presents to them.
ALR: I think we should hide them.
EER: Yes, let's hide them in my kitchen
EER puts her present in the freezer of her kitchen.
GRR opens up the oven (which has a glass front).
ALR: Why don't we hide it in a different place so Dad has to look?
GRR's and ARR's presents get hide. 
ALR: Now, it's a secret. We can't tell Dad. He will look for them tomorrow.
EER goes upstairs promptly to tell MJR that they hid presents for him.
Next Day.
ALR: Okay, should we have Dad find his presents?
Bigs sit on couch.
EER: We hid presents for you Dad!
GRR: In the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment