Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Pinkeyes, Clothes cleaning, Pigs

The crud continues. I have pink eyes - yes plural. Ugh. I'm goopey and droppey and I resemble a barncat too much for my own liking. I stayed home for portions of each day this week just in time for Friday and for Eleanor to puke on the counter so we could figure out who stayed home with her during the day. She watched Frozen twice in one day.

On Monday, Matt and I spent some time together. We went out to breakfast, had an unofficial state of the union meeting for our house and home. We also went to the hospital to check on Mom - she had shoulder surgery - which she's needed for some time but finally confirmed with an MRI last week. I'm glad she will be recovering but I feel the timeline and her patience will not exactly work in tandem. For the remainder of the day, I worked to get the kids' clothes in order. Grady has hit a growth spurt. When I took him in last week they weighed and measured him - he is in the 96th percentile for weight, 20th for BMI and over the 99th for height. He's officially in 3T clothes, with some 2T jeans. His shirts had become belly shirts and it was time for everything to be transitioned out. When we lined him up on the ruler a couple weeks ago, he's just a little shy of E's 3 year old line - and he has almost 7 months of growing to do before we mark his own 3 year line.


I've been trying to purge clothes and items - the house is so cluttered, I need my own personal assistant to go through, clean house, and then also provide personal training for me! Meanwhile, I just want to sleep through the night too! I'm happy with getting things clean and out - giving to a friend with a new baby and whatnot it's amazing how all the clothes and items have been taking up space and so consuming for the past three years! Ains is working her way through some of the girl clothes but I just pulled a 3 month onesie out of her wardrobe this past weekend too - her percentiles were on par with the bird-baby... 2% for BMI, 11% for weight and 65% for height. She did get in a few 12 month shirts but we won't be trying pants anytime soon! She's starting to walk with her walker too and occassionally standing alone without assistance. Her dad and I have a bet - walking before or after her birthday - I think she'll be after and that's just fine with me. She's been taking more and more stairs lately and will sneak up them when no one is looking - because that doesn't give me a heart attack.

This weekend Matt spent time at the farm butchering pigs. He loves this and Dad got more fun tools for their "butcher" shop this year... giant carcass splitter (not official name), commercial grinder, if we ever build a house, I'm sure we will have to put a meat room on the back of the garage for him to be able to house all this fun. He was pretty happy with the bigs this year and all the items that we got.

MJR: Okay, we got chops, bacons, italian, brats, country, breakfast, we still have 20 pounds, was there anything else you wanted to do?
ALR: Seems like more this year.
MJR: Yeah, they were bigger pigs this year. They were beautiful pigs. Wait until you see these chops - they are sexy.
ALR in her head: sexy - I don't think I've ever described a porkchop as sexy, in my life. Who have I married?

MJR singing "Let it go"
EER: Dad! That's Elsa's song.
ALR: I knew you were going to get in trouble, I didn't even sing it the first time and was told to shush when it was on. 
Later that day, EER singing.
GRR joins in: Let it go.
EER: Grady! You don't sing Elsa's song.
GRR: Cold never bothered me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment