Pages

Sunday, December 22, 2019

Pinkertons, Light Night, Dagmans, SwallowedtheBows

We really got into the Christmas stuff this weekend. 

The weekend started off with a visit from Pinkerton's. We finally got to meet Henry! He is 5 months younger than Ains but approx 2 or 3 pounds heavier!! So sweet to see Oliver and he still calls me Panda, like he did a couple years ago. It's amazing to watch their kids grow up and ours with them. Eleanor is still infatuated with Oliver and likes to boss him around, just like her brother.

Saturday night was Light Night. I'll be the first to admit, it started out a bit rough. Meals out in public with these children is never easy. No one listens or sits nice or eats nice and it feels like a marathon. At one point, Ains decided to stand up in her seat, Grady was touching everyone with his feet, and Eleanor was picking her nose arguing about wanting her candy cane, which was for the ride. Mama lost her schit. I'll admit it. After a reset, we got our business together and headed out. We did Chmieleski's Christmas Corner, Snowman Lane, the Capitol, and a few stops in-between. E enjoyed last year but G really got into it.
EER sees facecuts with Grinch scene.
EER runs behind puts face in lower available hole.
EER: Who am I?
MJR: You are Cindy Loo.
EER runs around to look at front.
EER runs back around: I want to be the GRINCH!!!
EER crawls up to put face in Grinch slot: I'M GOING TO STEAL YOUR CHRISTMAS!!!!

Sunday was the Dagman Family Christmas. I think the kids had a great time. I want them to remember these big parties like I remember them - people everywhere, food everywhere, and crazy clutter. Eleanor's favorite gifts was a tie between barbies and a puppy in a carrier. G liked running around and helping and even ended up napping with Grandma for awhile. Ains napped too but liked hanging out and playing between cousins.
The previous week was full too.. Ains is now standing up in her crib regularly. Both E and G got haircuts. Eleanor got hers just in time for her Christmas program, Candy even put curls in her hair for the occasion. She had a line... "She swallowed the bows to tie up the bell, that jingled and jangled and tickled as well." She's had the line down cold but got a touch of stage fright in front of everyone and ended up giving Ms Heather a big hug instead. She did love seeing Santa... and was so excited when he came, insisted we follow her to see him.


EER whisper into my ear: Mama, I want to hug him.
ALR: Oh, honey, you sure can give him a hug. 


GRR: Oh My GAWD - Look at that one!
2 seconds later, GRR: Oh my, Big Santa.
3 houses later, GRR: Pretty!
MJR: Ohh, look at that one, it has blue lights, Dad likes the blue lights.
EER: I like the rainbow lights.
EER: Grady, you like the rainbow lights too?
GRR: Oh my Gawd! Look!
EER: See, Grady likes the rainbow lights too.

No comments:

Post a Comment