Pages

Monday, December 9, 2019

Deer, Unicorn, Pink Booties

It's December.. and I'm ready.
We are reading Christmas books, the kids are leaving the tree alone way better than I thought - even Ainsy.

This week Grady got his tubes taken out! I guess they feel out before but now they are officially out.

I've been busy working on our magazine at work. This is my second issue - the topics are pretty dry - workers comp, gdp, reinsurance, but I'm happy with it coming together.

This past weekend was the start of the holiday stuff. Mom and Dad took the kids to the GRE Christmas party, leaving Matt and I to have a semi-date night. We walked pride of dakota show with Ainsy and then went out to dinner. She came too and was in a relatively good mood and handled it all well. I forgot how easy one kid was and even when I had one kid I don't think it was this easy in my mind! Ha!

We did some of our holiday traditions - we went and got our ornaments from the store. Ainsley picked our her Baby First Christmas Ornament and then we got ones for the olders. As a refresher, Matt and I each pick out one for each kid and they pick from those two. In the past, I'm 2 outta 3 for Eleanor, only missing her second Christmas. I'm 50:50 for Grady, only getting his first Christmas. This year I came out collectively ahead and pulled a win with both girls. G did not pick my elf but Ainsley did pick my pink booties and I almost E. Matt put a bacon ornament up against my unicorn pick and she REALLLLy thought about it!

We also baked cookies - which went pretty well. I think next year may be easier but they enjoyed it and were excited to see them We'll frost and decorate them next week after visiting Santa. Heaven help us!

E also had her first playdate. She's been talking about a friend for some time, Ellyanna. For the longest time couldn't say her name right and I didn't know who Iguana was BUT we connected with her parents and the girls played pretty well... sometimes side by side, sometimes with each other.

We also did something new, that I remember... I recorded all the Christmas specials I could find and the kids have been LOVING it. We've watched Rudolph and Santa is coming to town and Charlie Brown and Frosty BUT the favorite by far... the original cartoon of How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
E is completely hooked!!

No comments:

Post a Comment