Pages

Monday, August 12, 2019

Tent in the backyard, swimming, Done.

The weeks are blurs. I've been busy working to get my first issue of the magazine done. I'm a little nervous. I want everything to come out all right. It needs to go to print the first week of September to ensure it's ready for our event. Stay tuned!




We got through the week, pretty uneventful. Even snuck a trip in at the zoo with the family. The weekend was a pretty big deal though. On Friday night, we had a campfire AND Matt and the kids set up the tent and camped in the backyard. In all honesty, I figured it would last for an hour maybe 4 and everyone would be trooping in a huge scuttle. I couldn't have been more wrong. There was a late bedtime (after a couple smores each for everyone) and I could hear through the tent there was some convincing to sit down and not touch the walls and settle in... but it seemed that everyone settled in and last through the night. Ainsley was up before the rest of them.
 
We also took the oldest two to the Hillside Pool - which was the ultimate in my childhood. I was sitting there at one point looking around thinking it looked way bigger when I was younger but I'm assuming the footprint hasn't really changed! E loved it. From start to finish, jumping, splashing, running... even got to swim in the pool (with her arm floaties on) but swimming from wall to wall. By the time we went to leave she had the full body shivers but was ticked that we were leaving. G was another story. From start to finish he wasn't too about it. I don't know why. Water temp? Pool splashers? Who knows. I had to lure him in and play to keep him there and he kept attempting to convince me, "done." He did get a bit braver than his sister as she wouldn't jump into the pool to Matt or I but he did. But I heard a lot of "dones" in the course of 2 hours.




Two things happened on Sunday. We flipped Grady around. We did it sooner than we would have liked but he could easily reach Eleanor and vice versus and we were sick of that. The other was that Eleanor slept until almost 9. The day before must have really wiped her out. It would have been better if those other two hoodlums would have too but I guess it's a start knowing that it can happen.

The next morning after the campout...
MJR: It was rough until about 4. My hips were hurting so bad. I can't sleep on the ground anymore like I used to.
ALR: What happened at 4? Just went numb finally?
MJR: Well, I woke up and thought I'm going to haul them inside, I can't sleep out here anymore. But they looked so peaceful. So I went and took one of the cushions off the patio furniture and slept on that.
That night.
EER see "naked" chair.
EER gasps!
EER: Mom, Dad came and took this curtain off and it's in the tent. Naughty cheeky daddy - you don't take the curtain off.
MJR: Cushion, not curtain.
EER: Yeah, he took the cushion off the chair and now look at this chair!
GRR pointing: Broke!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment