Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2019

a two-year old Grady

My dear son -

You are two years old today. You are a wonderful bright spot in my days and I love what a doting softie you are. You absolutely adore your sisters and it's obvious. You may be a bit of a brute sometimes and you may be figuring out how big you are but I think your soft heart will be one of the biggest parts of you. You are totally okay with E bossing you around and you love to bring things to A and say hello to her and hug and kiss her. You are my social butterfly at daycare too. You say good bye to all your friends at daycare... when we leave it takes extra time, "Bye Hadley, Bye Cedric, Bye Johnny, Bye Waylon, Bye Myah!" Another one of my favorite things is your laugh... you have the best belly laugh - that gets to go and will infectiously fill a room - I hope this never changes.

As you become two, I think of how far you've come... from that little baby with the cradle cap to the hefty boy with the smile. You look at the world much differently than your sister - You tend to tinker, to think about things, to work things through versus push and bulldoze. I hope you continue to be curious about life. Your words are starting to come along and Dad and I are catching more and more but my absolute favorite thing you say right now is "Thank you mommy." It comes out so sweet and genuine.

My fear for myself as you grow older....the amount of food that you will continue to consume as you grow. There have been meals where I know you polish off more than I do! You are in the 80th percentile for height and weight - bypassing your sister significantly. I don't know how tall you will be but I'm wagering over 6 foot at this time.

My only son, those are my big wishes for you... continue to have your big heart - but be leary to not be taken advantage of, continue to ponder about life - but don't get caught in the weeds, continue to be genuine as it's one of your finer qualities, let laughter take you and those that surround you to a place of happiness. And grow with tenacity - as I know you will take on the world with all that you have to offer.

I love you, my little boy.

Mama.



No comments:

Post a Comment