Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2019

To my threenager...

Dear My Oldest Girl -

Today you are three - and I'm amazed. I feel like just the other day we brought you home from the hospital. You are growing so much and you light up a room. You tell me stories, you ask me questions, you look around the world with a tenacity that makes me wonder. It has been a joy to watch you grow up. I will admit, some days we struggle. Your sass, your will, and your fire often can get the best of you and of me but I know that you are growing and learning. This year, I wish for you to learn more about the world around you. I want you to experience things - to touch, to see, to laugh. I know that you will have hurts and frustrations and I will be there to navigate them with you as you grow.

This past year I have been making your bed for you everyday. I straighten the sheets, put on the blanket, arrange the animals. I do this everyday. You notice it. Sometimes, you even help. Sometimes I get the sweetest "thank you for making my bed, Mama." I do this simple act everyday because I want you to know that no matter what, you have your own space in this world that someone cares about to make for you. It sounds silly... something so simple to convey such a big message but I know one day you'll make your own bed. You probably won't even remember that I used to make your bed but today and yesterday and probably tomorrow I make your bed so you have a warm, sweet place pf your very own to lay your head, read your books, talk to your animals and that you know I helped make it possible.

I love you, my sweet girl -
Thank you for being you -

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment