Pages

Friday, September 28, 2018

Applefest, Dancing

My last week while I was young was all about young things...
We spent Saturday at Applefest. I'd actually never been so it was fun to do something in Bismarck together that neither of us had done. It's a great little event at Buckstop. A lot to look at and see including all things apple, booths, silent auctions, bake sales, tractors, fire trucks, etc. We took in the inflatables. We couldn't get Eleanor on them at all until Dad went with... and then the giggling wouldn't stop! She wanted to do again!

We also took both of them to their first petting zoo. For the most part, Grady looked at from the outside but E was inside and seemed to like the ducks and donkey the best. Grady pet the sheep but was a little nervous about it's size. When it was time to leave the animals - E was not impressed and went into full meltdown mode.

We had some apple fries and a cider float. Watched the parade go by. And before taking off took in the junkfest. It was a beautiful day for the fun.

On Sunday, after having breakfast with the Erickson's at our house, we went to dance call as a family. For 45 minutes it was baby dance. Matt surprisingly was not opposed to doing it again - he liked it. I liked when we did movements with the kids but things that did props were hard - E just wanted to take other peoples or hoard them or didn't understand that everybody only gets 1.

Other than that, I spent the week recuperating from the conference - even took a few personal days to sort kids clothes, wash the floor, and be me. Was really nice. Gave me time to reflect and sort and I even slept in. I did have a doctor appointment - heartbeat was good - 155.


In yard working... E sleeping, G is with us.
ALR: So we'll rip these out and then move the pots.
ALR: Where did Grady go?
MJR: He was just right there.
MJR: He was playing with his golf clubs.
ALR: I don't see him!!
MJR: Oh, wait. I found him. 
MJR: He is waiting to receive a ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment