Pages

Monday, August 6, 2018

188, Lansford, tomatoes

Another week to be all over the place.
We started the week with Grady's eye appointment - which all looked good.
I also had my first appointment. Due to some health questions, I ended up having an ultrasound and there was a little bean with little limbs. Hard to believe some days that we are here again and everytime I see our babies for the first time I'm always amazed. I tear up each time and hold my breath waiting for news on the heartbeat. 188 beats per minute this time and a confirmed due date of February 28th. Matt finally will get his winter baby.


At the end of the week, we headed north to Lansford. We hadn't
been for awhile and we hadn't seen Kevin for awhile so it was good to be there to catch up with him. Matt had fun sharing the big news with him and he took it well and is excited for us. We will probably wait a few weeks before we tell more, including my work. While we were there, Matt and I left the kids and went to the airshow at the base. Matt and I take in air shows in very different ways. I like to sit and watch the show happen from a shaded perch underneath the wing of a plane eating snacks. Matt likes to wander around to ensure he doesn't miss anything. Meanwhile, back at Grandma's house, Eleanor faux-adopted the newest kitty that has moved in on them. We get back to Eleanor holding the kitty around the middle going "look, my kitty!" Grandpa was concerned about her being a little too rough/loving with the kitty but Kevin and I agreed, if the kitty wouldn't like it or didn't want the attention, he wouldn't continue to crowd her for more affection. Matt wouldn't take the bet that the kitty isn't temporary to their house.


When we got home on Sunday, it was nice to relax with the kids while they played outside, the weather has been beautiful and the yard is a common place for all of us to be. Whether they play in their house or in their cars or on their dad, it has been fun to just let them spread out a bit. Grady's steps aren't consistent so he does make me nervous on the pavement and around Hurricane Eleanor but we are getting there.

Their favorite place is the garden plants. E will help out with a harvest any day of the week. She'll eat anything out there.. yumyum peppers, beans, peas, and her favorite continues to be cherry tomatoes.

ALR in kitchen.
MJR and EER and GRR coming up the deck stairs: Go take it to mom.
MJR: Show Mom.
ALR; What do you have?
EER has nothing in her hands.
MJR: Eleanor where are those tomatoes that I gave you to show mom?!
EER: In my mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment