Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

The one with the 9 month old and the drone

This winter had almost gotten the best of me. I've been freezing, cuddled in blankets, waiting for a thaw. I've been scared of ice and compacted snow, watched the roof rake put in a good day's work, and also ran the fireplace thinking of warmer days. They've finally come. We've gotten some thaw, we have a driveway again... It's February and we aren't in subzero temperatures.

With the defrost, I've also been doctoring a sick baby. She's been dealing with snot rockets and runny noses for about two weeks and suddenly one day I get a phone call from the daycare... "Eleanor has a crusted eye, we'll send you a picture." So I grabbed Quasimodo and the doctor concluded that she had a bacterial infection... one that transferred from her nose and the cold she was carrying there to her eye. And after about 6 days of drops, we thought it was all cleared up ONLY to have to show up in the other eye. She's had great spirits about it but has had a few rough nights. I'm just hoping she comes out of her cough soon - poor thing wakes her herself up at night.

This past weekend we took some time to celebrate her hitting another milestone...
9 months. It's hard to believe just how big my baby is. She's still super busy. Even the doctor and nurse commented on it, that and her ability to spit/raspberry. We did her official photoshoot with Jess on Saturday and it was the most difficult to date. She's learned this wonderful habit of throwing her head and arching her back to show unhappiness. This has caused a few head bumps on her end and frustration on mine AND I feel that we've just entered into mastery of this talent. I'm anxious to see what Jess was able to capture between the melt downs, the sadness, and the 7 seconds of stillness. We also took some family pics. Matt has been trying to arrange this for quite some time so I know it was important to him. Eleanor was much better for this shoot... obviously she didn't want to be in the starlight.

For the rest of the weekend we were busy. Matt and I car shopped, which was agony. We all went out for family supper that night. The next day, Matt and Eric took their parents to the sports show and we headed out to the farm. It was nice enough for Matt to take some video and pics with the drone. He was so excited to fly it. I wish he was as excited to hang pictures for me or vacuum the stairs, but I get it.

We also had Eleanor's first Valentine's Day. She celebrated by Mom making her sharing Valentines for school. Berry Cheerios for her classmates and teething biscuits for the little babies. They made her her own Valentine box too. She got Cheerios, squeeze pouches, applesauce... all the baby essentials.

Best meal: Matt and I had grilled fish tacos the other night... it wasn't perfect BUT the grill was going and the tacos were there. That's one of my favorite meals.

Driving
MJR: You know, we have a pretty good life.
ALR: I agree. But what made you say that now?
MJR: Not every family can just go out and buy a smoker.
ALR: That is your determinant of a good life?
p.s. He didn't buy the smoker... still shopping around

No comments:

Post a Comment