Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Tertiary (ter SHE air re)

It's been a crazy week! For everyone in the house! 
On Wednesday, I participated in United Way's Day of Caring. I helped the local animal shelter set up for their rummage sale fundraiser. Holy crap - there was so much stuff. I was in charge of holiday items. I'm proud to say that I didn't acquire anything despite some light shopping on my end. They raised over $5500 just the first day, before end of day too! 
While I was busy, Len went to work with her Dad. This was his first time and for the most part I think she was on her best behavior. I gave him the schedule run down, packed the bag, let him pick out her outfit, had everything set out... and he and her had a wonderful morning. 
About 11, I texted and asked how it was going, this is the picture that I got back. It brought a smile to my face. Later he told me that it was her idea for the bowtie because she moved her hand across the screen and in doing so selected and placed it.

At night, we also swung into canning/harvest mode. Matt and I have canned a few pickles including refrigerator/fresh pickles, a few waterbathed pickles, and due to our beautiful jalapeno crop, he has also pickled some of these to be used later on. I think he was looking at beans too. The hard part with our garden is that we don't get a huge patch to can but little batches. We've been enjoying cherry tomatoes too as "Rapunzel" our cherry tomato bush, doesn't disappoint.

During the weekend, we had our first "date" sans Eleanor. Matt and I went to the Northern Neighbors Air Show. We dropped her off with Randy and Michele- who were excited to babysit, and then we headed to the base for the show. I always love the smaller war planes and Kent Pietsch's runs but this was the first time I saw the A-2 and the fighter planes. I loved when the quick zoomed air show center and broke the sound barrier. The only bad thing about the time was the amount of energy we wasted in the food truck line!   


On Sunday, Matt and I split up. He headed out to the farm to help Dad and Mom get the place ready for the All Breeds Tour and I busted behind to clean the house that has quickly gotten away from me! I felt very productive and touched pretty much almost each room in the house! And when Matt came home, my work was noticed too!

The other big thing that happened this week was Eleanor turned 3 months. It's hard to believe how much she's changed over the past 13 weeks. She's gone from the little lump that would fall asleep cuddled on my chest to this sassypants spitfire that is quick to give me a smile at 4:00am and still scream like a siren when she's hungry. 
We are starting to see her personality bubble out every once in awhile but know that it's going to show itself more and more now.

Best meal: Sunday night, I got so busy in cleaning that I didn't even make supper... Matt took me to Qdoba and I scarfed up street tacos!

While grocery shopping...
ALR: We need bread.
Turn down the bread aisle.
MJR stops in middle of aisle and stares
ALR: Use your words, is there a kind you specifically want?
MJR: That kind, right there.
ALR: Well, I'm not a mind reader.
MJR: You should work on that.
ALR: Can you read my mind?
MJR: Yes, you are saying "Explicit"
ALR: Yes, you are right.
MJR: See, I work at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment