Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Closing One Door and Coming Through Another

It's official!
I’ve closed on the condo.
These past couple weeks have been a blur and my lack of posts is proof of that. After closing drama, I closed on Monday, May 14 and had 97% of my things in on Wednesday. After the movers left and I was alone with my cats and my boxes, I breathed a sigh of relief and couldn’t believe that it was a year in the making to get there. Thanks to all who made it possible to get to this new place, but thanks especially to my mother who sat beside me during the failed closing attempts, moved box after box, and was a great source of strength through all of this. Couldn't have made it through it without her.
I’ve been working to unpack boxes and finding some things, like my plates and glasses, have been like Christmas. It’s taking time to figure out where I want things, determine what’s really in the boxes, and then not get frustrated with where I’m putting things. I know I will have to go through and determine what I’m donating and what I’m throwing especially as I acknowledge my love of kitchen gadgets. Case and point: Panini press, personal blender, personal food processor, large blender, large food processor, food steamer, foreman grill, sandwich sealer, ahhhhh, what am I thinking (that I’ve wanted a quesadilla machine and a keurig, with a milk frother! Okay, I admit I’ve got a problem)!
I also got in JUST in Time! With the raise in temperature the apartment I was renting was becoming a hot box of fun. That place worked out perfect as it became the storage unit for my boxes and it gave the cats some space but it was hot as hell in the summer and Fre-e-e-ezing in the winter. Now I have air and a garage!

Speaking of the cats, Lola is intrigued by the new place, her favorite is trying to get into the closets to get to the top shelf and get out the front door. TonyDanza is a bit nervous and unsure, every sound he jumps and seems to be hiding under the bed more than normal. He’ll get over it but I hate his nerves!
Work has been crazy-all I seem to hear is ticket sales, ticket sales, ticket sales, ugh. Can’t wait for Chicago in a month. Need the getaway and the undivided attention from Mr. Remynse.

Meals that I remember: since my last post there are two meals that have stood out. Matt made a Greek chicken pita that was pretty amazing and then the first meal that I cooked in the condo, which was hot dogs and grapes!
"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory." -George S. Patton 

No comments:

Post a Comment