Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Let Freedom Ring....


I’m still living off a weekend high…I won’t lie. I thought weekends were good but now, I think weekends are wonderful. I didn’t realize how much I like to sleep in, not worry about schedules, wander around the house, and just have the option to play. Don’t get me wrong, I’m really enjoying my job. I’m so in the learning mode and probably will continue to be for a while. It continues to be a great challenge where things are quick paced and I like the creative environment.

This past weekend was very good to me. I got off early on Friday (as KK Bold is on summer hours) and when I got to Dickinson I realized I had to hay my lawn. It was up to my knees in some parts. Ugh. From there Matt took me to wash fire trucks, which is not as romantic as it sounds. We ended the night with a walk down to the street dance where I got to catch up with Aubrey for a bit. Oh how I missed that girl!


Saturday was BUSY, especially for Matt. He let me ride along with him on the fire truck, which was newly cleaned, in the Roughrider Days Parade. I even got to do the horn and the sirens. From there he parked the truck at Family Fun Day where he let the kids play on the truck and hand out stickers all afternoon. I admit, it was pretty cute to watch. I stayed with him for a bit, did some stuff around the house, and then went back at the end. It was some great people watching!

Sunday was a do nothing day! Slept in…and it was great!!! Matt cooked me breakfast brunch but then we went to work on the house. I had to mow the lawn again, because it looked terrible. This time I had to bag it, he made me. Whoever invented bagging….was dumb. What a pain. While I did that, he ripped apart the old garage door. We cooled down with a water fight, I didn’t stand a chance!

On Monday, we went back to Bismarck. We took in the Mandan Art in the Park, the Bismarck Zoo, and finished the night off with watching the Capitol’s firework show. The weekend reminded me how great it is to be American.

“May I never wake up from the American dream.”—Carrie Latet

No comments:

Post a Comment