Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Adventures in Camping Part Deux!

So after my successes in camping last month, Matt decided he needed me to come along again! So with that:

Lesson #9: Once given proper instruction, I can conquer the world. This time there were no issues with the leveling and setting the camper up. I rocked out that job with no problems or “instructional sessions”.

Lesson #10: Food is still amazing…Matt cooked me pizza sandwiches. They were fabulous. I think I’ll let him do that again. I also liked breakfast the next morning with bacon, eggs, and sweet potatoes!

Lesson #11: Time is not relevant when camping. This is nice in theory but when it gets in the way of lesson #10, Matt and I got a little cranky! We ended up eating supper at 12:00 am on Saturday night/Sunday morning….I was so hungry I had to polish off a s’more!

Lesson #12: Sakakawea is F-UU-LLLLLL. There was no beach at the public swimming. You waded on the pavement until you reached the beach sand….I felt so bad for little Mason, one of the kids that was along. He is around 18 months old and wanted to play in the sand in the worst way but all that was there was grass, I broke up a little ground for him and taught him how to put rocks in his bucket.

Lesson #13: It’s nice to have a support system. Madelyn (Mason’s 5 year old sister) and I bonded while her dad and Matt went out diving. So at the end of the night when she was “all spun up” she informed Matt that she was my Prover, so when I needed to prove that I was right, she would back me up. I always knew I needed one of those!!

Lesson #14: Matt is still a sore loser at horseshoes.

Lesson #15: I’m better at horseshoes when I’m in the mountain time zone.

Lesson #16: Matt needs to pack bug spray in the camper. I swelled up so bad on Saturday from bug bites that it has taken me until Wednesday to start returning to normal. That part of the weekend stunk!

So aside from the bug bites and thinking that I accidentally locked the keys in the camper…it was a good trip! I’m not a pro at it but I don’t think I’m too bad. Camping Trip Part Tres is in two weeks. We are doing the state park again. We’ll see how that goes, I need to make it through another week of house repairs and realtor fun. Hooray for the good weekends!

“Campers: Nature's way of feeding mosquitoes.”—Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment