Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Floating on....

Another crazy week that has been influenced by water…expressway has been closed, the national guard is running around the clock, millions of sandbags have been filled, and people are being forced out of their houses. Grace and Rick along with Wade and Lynn have been forced out. There have been dikes built at both of their houses and our fingers are crossed that they don’t have to be used. I think the worst part is not knowing what damage will be done or when they can go back.

The real estate market has gone crazy…people are grabbing up north side house and south side houses are falling off the market like crazy with people surrendering their earnest money for the security of dry land. It has made it hard for me to look at houses. They are very here today, gone tomorrow. But maybe it’s a good thing that I can’t look as my buyer backed out of the offer. Oh well, there will be others, but it bummed me out for sure. I’ll keep waiting and things will work through this bottle neck.

It was another great weekend as I spent it in Dickinson. Aubs, Jer, and Becca met Matt and I for drinks on Friday night. I had some house showings on Saturday while Matt was off fighting fires but he was able to make some time for me for supper before we did some packing. On Sunday, I took off to cousin’s Lola’s house to celebrate my Grandmother’s 80th birthday. It was a packed house and 52 of us dined on fried chicken, sloppy joes, pasta salad, fruit salad and funfetti cake. Mom and I did wander around Brad and Lola’s for a bit and checked out the bum lambs…kinda made me think it’s time for a Spud Jr.

And work has been going amazing. I'm able to start working....like accomplishing things and learning. I'm still a little Bambi-ish on what is happening but the projects I've been starting have been fun and I've been enjoying myself!

"I love the lambs, not the sheep." --Roger Peyrefitte

No comments:

Post a Comment