Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Winter Blues Be Gone.

I feel like I’m living a 2AM song…”For as long, long as she can remember, it’s been December. This weather is ridiculous. I’m tired of cold, snow, and today, now, rain. Boo to shoveling and boo to compacted snow and boo to ice.

This week, I had a treat at the end of the week. Mom, Dad, and Alaina came out to Dickinson with a herd of bulls for their third annual Bull Days. The event has been going on for 12 years and Mom and Dad have been coming out since I’ve been in Dickinson. It was nice to visit a bit over a bowl of chili!

I also worked on a few project at work including the NDYP website, an adult leadership class (Leadership 20/20), a high school leadership class (Leadership Dickinson), and took a few YP meetings. These included an exec meeting, a power lunch about finances, and a wisdom team meeting.

Besides seeing my family, the other highlight was going out for drinks with a group of friends. We went out Friday night to celebrate drinks and friendship. It was nice to have great conversation with a diverse group of people.

“Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right”—Oprah Winfrey

No comments:

Post a Comment