Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Summits, Spills, and Scheduling!

This past weekend was the first Great Plains Young Professionals Summit, held in Bismarck, ND. What a great event. I was impressed with the support and range of people that attended. They had a high power line up of speakers with a great amount of range: economists, writers, social media, trust, government/politicians, leadership, cultural, nonprofits, etc.
I took in breakouts on trust building, social networking, living in truth, and sat in on changes, leadership, and living keynotes. A lot of great things that I needed to hear or things that I needed to think about. The conference left those of us YP’ers that went with some great things to think about and reenergized our efforts!

One thing popped up this week and shows how the world is more connected. Because of the oil spill that is happening in the Gulf, Sheri and I figured that we weren’t going to be able to go to Corpus Christie this fall for my birthday. Sure we can go but it won’t be the same because we won’t be able to go to the beach or have the seafood, etc. We are now reviewing where we want to go…We’ve been looking at California. We’ll see...

My week was busy but slow….I leave for Illinois on the 15th …But not before the YP Scavenger hunt/rummage sale and a day trip to Watford.

No comments:

Post a Comment